Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here install the Drivers Display from tesplus/hanshow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my Drivers Display from Tesplus/Hanshow Friday, and installed it yesterday morning. I must say I like it.
The installation was admittedly a bit sketchy but it worked out and now the challenge of mastering the interface.

I managed to get carplay to work, but the two remaining challenges I have are getting the sound from the drivers display to come through the cars audio system, and getting the driver display's mapping functions to work? Has anyone here installed this and could provide guidance in this area?

You should check Cf Tesla's YouTube channel. He has some videos on the display:
thanks for the suggestion - I have watched most (if not all) of his display related video's, but I will check again.

I managed to get the sound to work, but still can't figure out the 'network' connection when using the A Better Rout Planner App on the built in app.

I installed the hanshow steering wheel display a few weeks ago. I ordered it back in December just a few weeks after I got my Y.

The reason I bought the display is I found having to look to the right to check my speed was taking my eyes off the road and (to me) was dangerous. There is way too much you need to do with your fingers on the large Tesla display and this tends to distract you. Examples: changing the speed of windshield wipers and selecting a radio station.

I like to have two things right in front of my eyes when I drive: speed and state of charge. I also like seeing the state of regen since I’m a one pedal driver.

The install of the display took me three hours. It took about an hour to do the simple stuff: remove and replace the cover panels around the dashboard and the passenger area and route the cables. Then it took 2 hours to install the cable going to the Tesla computer. Crazy! You need really small fingers to get the connector out and to replace it with the one which attaches to the display. This is definitely not for the faint of heart.

That said, I’m super happy with the display. It has the right look and functions. As far as I’m concerned, this display should be standard in all Ys (as it is in the S and X) for safety reasons. I’m not currently using the CarPlay function though I’ll probably get around to getting this going soon.

Reactions: rjpjnk
I figured out the WiFi issue but in the process, I managed to remove the ‘car’ from the display and cant get it back.
I downloaded and reloaded the software, but that did not fix it.
I have emailed support for advice. We shall see how long it takes for them to reply.

The reason I bought the display is I found having to look to the right to check my speed was taking my eyes off the road and (to me) was dangerous. There is way too much you need to do with your fingers on the large Tesla display and this tends to distract you. Examples: changing the speed of windshield wipers and selecting a radio station.

I like to have two things right in front of my eyes when I drive: speed and state of charge. I also like seeing the state of regen since I’m a one pedal driver.

Can't you just tell how fast you're going by looking out of the window?

Does the SoC change so quickly that you need to keep an eye on it at all times? How often did you look as the gas gauge in your ICEmobile?

Can't you change the windshield wipers by voice command?

How often do you actually change the radio station? Mine's welded onto NPR because I can't stand commercials

I'm not picking on you, You customized with something that excites you and I'm happy for you for that, but I drive a Prius V and that has the speed in a center pod and tbh, I didn't even notice after about an hour of owning it

now a true HUD would be something else and I'd go for that. I don't really understand why those never became popular or even standard

Can't you just tell how fast you're going by looking out of the window?

Does the SoC change so quickly that you need to keep an eye on it at all times? How often did you look as the gas gauge in your ICEmobile?

Can't you change the windshield wipers by voice command?

How often do you actually change the radio station? Mine's welded onto NPR because I can't stand commercials

I'm not picking on you

I’m happy to hear that you can tell the car speed by looking out the window.
I’m happy to hear that you listen to one FM radio station.
I’m happy to hear you know how much charge your car has without looking at the display.
I’m happy to hear you’re not picking on me.

But I need critical driving information directly in front of my eyes. It simply a matter of safety: anything which forces your attention from the road is potentially dangerous.

I was hoping for some constructive feedback on this aftermarket device. Not people bickering about looking straight or right.
I have a friend that has it. When I've tried it, I felt the UI and responsiveness was sluggish. The features were good and interesting. It looked very clean like it was OEM though. I don't see the need for it for me.