Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here order during Tesla's deal and actually received by 12/31/22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted the $7,500 discount with 10,000 miles of free supercharge so on 12/23/22 I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic Model Y Performance with Enhanced Autopilot, black interior, no tow hitch. It's now 4:30pm here in Los Angeles on 12/31/22 and I have not received a VIN or any indication to suggest delivery will happen today. Details: purchase, not leased; financing was approved immediately on 12/23/22; no trade in; "Est. delivery: Dec 2020" has been displaying on the app ever since the order was placed; I did complete all the pre-delivery tasks on the app on 12/23/22; RN118233322; the Mobile Connector order was also placed 12/23/22 and delivery is scheduled on 1/3/23 according to the tracking number. I've spent the entire day 1) researching delivery wait times, 2) watching Twitter feed updates from Tesla and Elon (he's making pizza), and 3) reviewing the 2023 tax credit that apparently won't be given to me based on my income... Sigh. Not a great day. It's just so frustrating to see all the drone footage of hundreds of finished Teslas at the Fremont factory and the YouTube videos of people enjoying themselves in Full Self Driving mode. I am tempted to cancel the order completely, sell my Tesla shares at a significant loss, and start drinking.

I wanted the $7,500 discount with 10,000 miles of free supercharge so on 12/23/22 I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic Model Y Performance with Enhanced Autopilot, black interior, no tow hitch. It's now 4:30pm here in Los Angeles on 12/31/22 and I have not received a VIN or any indication to suggest delivery will happen today. Details: purchase, not leased; financing was approved immediately on 12/23/22; no trade in; "Est. delivery: Dec 2020" has been displaying on the app ever since the order was placed; I did complete all the pre-delivery tasks on the app on 12/23/22; RN118233322; the Mobile Connector order was also placed 12/23/22 and delivery is scheduled on 1/3/23 according to the tracking number. I've spent the entire day 1) researching delivery wait times, 2) watching Twitter feed updates from Tesla and Elon (he's making pizza), and 3) reviewing the 2023 tax credit that apparently won't be given to me based on my income... Sigh. Not a great day. It's just so frustrating to see all the drone footage of hundreds of finished Teslas at the Fremont factory and the YouTube videos of people enjoying themselves in Full Self Driving mode. I am tempted to cancel the order completely, sell my Tesla shares at a significant loss, and start drinking.

Did you, at any point consider contacting a tesla location in your area (on the 23rd or after) to see if there was an in stock vehicle you could buy?

Reactions: zoomer0056
Did you buy an inventory car or custom order? If you custom ordered on the 23rd, you probably couldn’t expect to receive one by 12/31. If you bought an inventory model you would have seen the $7500 discount immediately and could pick up as soon as next day. Some people in SoCal flew or took the train to the Bay Area to pick up their cars.

Did you buy an inventory car or custom order? If you custom ordered on the 23rd, you probably couldn’t expect to receive one by 12/31. If you bought an inventory model you would have seen the $7500 discount immediately and could pick up as soon as next day. Some people in SoCal flew or took the train to the Bay Area to pick up their cars.
Custom order because there were no inventory MYPs available within 200 miles of Los Angeles when I ordered ... just checked again and still none.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-31.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-31.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 247
Custom order because there were no inventory MYPs available within 200 miles of Los Angeles when I ordered ... just checked again and still none.
You can’t really expect them to build you a car within 8 days. Like I said, others traveled to the Bay Area to pick up their inventory Model Ys since none were available in SoCal. Spending $60 - $100 on a ticket to the Bay Area is worth it to save $7500 plus get the 10,000 supercharger miles.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I ordered on the 22nd and didn't get one either. I am in San Diego and I went into 2 different locations and talked to them about finding one in inventory. I wanted a performance with a tow hitch, which seemed non-existent during this period. I have a feeling the prices will drop or they will continue the credits after the IRS released the actual makes/models of the EVs that qualify for the IRA tax credits. I don't know what Tesla will do with the Performance price now that it would have to become a 7 seater or be priced under $55k to get the credit.

You can’t really expect them to build you a car within 8 days. Like I said, others traveled to the Bay Area to pick up their inventory Model Ys since none were available in SoCal. Spending $60 - $100 on a ticket to the Bay Area is worth it to save $7500 plus get the 10,000 supercharger miles.
There are no MYPs available within a 200 mile range of Fremont either.

I ordered on the 22nd and didn't get one either. I am in San Diego and I went into 2 different locations and talked to them about finding one in inventory. I wanted a performance with a tow hitch, which seemed non-existent during this period. I have a feeling the prices will drop or they will continue the credits after the IRS released the actual makes/models of the EVs that qualify for the IRA tax credits. I don't know what Tesla will do with the Performance price now that it would have to become a 7 seater or be priced under $55k to get the credit.
I really hope that Tesla does continue to offer the discount after Jan 1st!

I ordered Model Y showing as in stock Blue LR 20 wheels online from westmont IL around 12/21. It was showing 12/30-12/31 intitially as delivery date. All paperwork have been completed including payment etc.
I went on account today and it has updated delivery time line as 1/2-1/11 now.
I have been trying to contact Tesla customer service since last week but they have no clue about final date .
Basically short story is it gets here when it gets here.
Still a great car. May be Tesla will honor discount and supercharging with added tax benefit now.

If delivery 12/2020 was listed you likely missed it. The program was to incentivize those that ordered to take a December delivery or new buyers to take one from available inventory. You will not be getting a car this year and most likely not the incentive either. Waiting to the last minute is rarely a win.

December has come full circle. People complaining they took delivery too early to be eligible for the discount, and now people complaining the order was too late to manage delivery within the eligibility period. I'm not sure what Tesla was thinking, but they surely guaranteed a few 'winners' in this game and a lot of 'losers.'

For the former, the smart people realized that only inventory cars could possibly meet the deadline; and the even smarter (than me) people realized that they had to go where the cars were physically located. If this ever happens again, perhaps Tesla will consider opening up a few bazaar locations around the country and make it clear that the discounted cars are at the bazaars.

In a way, it was audacious for Tesla to even try this in the first place since it must have been decided and "implemented" within a few days. Not too surprising that the result was a cluster .... err ... bit of chaos.

Reactions: MotoChick
Removed hold on 12/21. VIN was assigned instantly. Initially, the delivery window was 12/29 to 12/31.

12/23 I scheduled delivery for 12/31 at 1pm.

12/28 Tesla informed me that the winter storms delayed my delivery and they moved my delivery time to 12/31 at 5:30pm.

12/30 Tesla informed me that the car is stuck on a train in transit from Austin to Chicago, and that delivery in 2022 was not possible.

Tesla app now shows I owe an additional $7,500 due to the end of year discount being removed. Local Tesla said on 12/30 that they are waiting to hear “official direction” from Tesla on how the discount will be handled for these delayed deliveries. But for now, they are not making exceptions. Kind of sucks because the original MVPA, financing, and down payment were all “finalized” based on receiving that discount. Now I have to re-do or amend my financing prior to delivery on 1/5.

Poorly handled by Tesla IMO. They applied the discount to anyone who could get their hands on a VIN, whether it was a custom order or existing inventory. I get it, *sugar* happens. But I think they should take care of their customers in this case.

Plenty of people got this but this incentive was geared more towards the thousands of people who had ordered during 2022 and were trying to push deliveries past 1/1/23 for the tax credit. Anyone ordering past mid-December would have a lot of others in front of them.

I ordered my MYLR on 12/27. I’m in LA as well. I ended up having to take a 8 hour train ride to the Bay Area and drive it back on 12/29 in order to get it. Funny thing is, quite a few people on the train with me were doing the same lol. I paid $60 bucks for the train but got the December deal

That's a bummer. I bet MYPs were in demand since they for sure didn't qualify for the $7500 IRA. Only recently we learned the MYLRs didn't qualify either. Tesla's stock price could sure use a break.

Plenty of people got this but this incentive was geared more towards the thousands of people who had ordered during 2022 and were trying to push deliveries past 1/1/23 for the tax credit. Anyone ordering past mid-December would have a lot of others in front of them.
The people who qualified for the discount represent a tiny segment of buyers. I sure wish I could've taken advantage of the discount, but only the lucky 1% or so got it.

Removed hold on 12/21. VIN was assigned instantly. Initially, the delivery window was 12/29 to 12/31.

12/23 I scheduled delivery for 12/31 at 1pm.

12/28 Tesla informed me that the winter storms delayed my delivery and they moved my delivery time to 12/31 at 5:30pm.

12/30 Tesla informed me that the car is stuck on a train in transit from Austin to Chicago, and that delivery in 2022 was not possible.

Tesla app now shows I owe an additional $7,500 due to the end of year discount being removed. Local Tesla said on 12/30 that they are waiting to hear “official direction” from Tesla on how the discount will be handled for these delayed deliveries. But for now, they are not making exceptions. Kind of sucks because the original MVPA, financing, and down payment were all “finalized” based on receiving that discount. Now I have to re-do or amend my financing prior to delivery on 1/5.

Poorly handled by Tesla IMO. They applied the discount to anyone who could get their hands on a VIN, whether it was a custom order or existing inventory. I get it, *sugar* happens. But I think they should take care of their customers in this case.
Sadly it sounds like your play to put the car on Hold haunted you. Sometimes you gamble and don’t win.