Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here order during Tesla's deal and actually received by 12/31/22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea the incentives were geared towards existing inventory or demo. That's why many of us including myself kept refreshing the inventory daily hoping to find one to snatch up. If you went the custom route with an estimated December delivery, then you were just hoping that it'd happen. Sorry it didn't work out at the end but unfortunately estimates are just estimates...

None of what your complaining about makes sense. You expected they could build you a Performance car within 8 days, during the holiday time period, during the EOQ push, EOY push and while offering incentives.
Now you’re complaining that you’ll be car poor for the next 5 years. But, you don’t want to cancel because you don’t want to lose your $250 deposit.
You’d rather be “car poor” for 5 years then lose $250?
Would you not be car poor if you got the $7500 incentive and supercharger miles?
Exactly what I was thinking. Sounds like paying the $250 would be the better choice or maybe even changing to a 7 seater LR if the $7500 tax credit is that important. Could always add acceleration boost and get most of the MYP performance. Not to mention replacing those 21 inch tires will bring some sticker shock...

Update from original post: Today 01/10/2023 at 7am, received a text mssg notifying me that I now have a VIN. Went to app, scheduled delivery for 01/13/2023. Then at 9:30am, received a phone call from Tesla saying they can deliver TODAY, so it's on its way as we speak! I'm still a little bitter that the original delivery date was "December 2022" and it didn't happen during that incentive period AND not getting a tax credit either AND now I'm going to be "car poor" for the next five years. As tempted as I was to cancel, the non-refundable order amount made me too mad to cancel. It kind of feels like the incentive was offered to get delivery rates up during the fourth quarter of 2022 and boost the stock value...?
You picked up your car 1/10?

Man, you truly received the short end of the stick from Elon.

Missed $7,500 December deal as well as last night’s price slash of $13,000.

• Funny
Reactions: Magnus0322
I did I got a model 3 LR on the 26th of December. I was checking the existing inventory for a few days after I heard about the promotion they had and every time a 3 or Y would show on existing inventory, it would be gone within a few minutes.

It’s Christmas Eve and I’m hanging out with family and I check the exisisting inventory and next thing you know there’s 3 model 3’s on there… I was actually looking for a model 3 LR in black and as soon as I saw I got it right away. 2 days later I got it. Everything was smooth, until I payed for a hand wash and all of the imperfections came out.

This is my first time getting a Tesla and wow I did not know how much of a *sugar* show it is with the build quality and wait times for service. My paint has scratches, overspray marks, acid etch marks, one head light raised and the other one sunken.

If anyone has any questions let me know.