Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here order during Tesla's deal and actually received by 12/31/22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for one of only two inventory cars that were available in Florida on 12/21. One was a new 2022 MYP and the other was a showroom 2023 MYP White/B/W interior and Tow hitch. I complete paperwork and financing by 12/23 and picked up my car on 12/26 receiving both the $7,500 discount and another $2,500 discount for being a showroom model. It has 30 miles when I picked it up. The 2022 MYP got ordered at about the same time as I ordered the white 2023 one. No more MYPs showed up in inventory in FL before 12/31, only MYLRs and they went fast.
They sure did. I saw a 23 MYLR White on White with tow hitch and induction wheels pop up on the 26th on the website near Miami FL. I tried to buy it and someone beat me to it. It wasn't live for longer than 2 mins. I kept refreshing and on the 28th a 23 MYLR White w/ black interior and induction wheels showed up. I secured that one. Took delivery on the 31st. Will be purchasing the tow hitch from Tesla soon. Still wish mine had the white interior though

Did yours have the parcel shelf? Mine didn't, but I ordered the parts and installation and approved the invoice. From what I have read it helps reduce noise from the trunk. I wasn't worried about people looking in and seeing things as I never leave any valuables visible.

Ordered MYLR white/white on 12/24 after seeing the $7,500 off and was shown an estimated delivery of 12/25-12/31. On 12/28 I received the VIN, still showing estimated delivery by the end of December and on 12/29 I scheduled delivery for 12/31. On 12/30 received a call from the Carlsbad, CA location saying mine was going to be delayed into the new year, but they had an identical model to the one I ordered ready to go if I wanted that one instead, it was actually a couple hundred units newer than my original one based off VIN. Took delivery on 12/30 and extremely happy with the purchase.

Custom orders were unlikely to meet the deadline. I ran into the same thing where I went into the sales offices and they said they had 0 performance models available anywhere in the Bay Area. However, randomly refreshing the website one morning I saw that the Performance inventory was popping up and disappearing. That's when it became a whack-a-mole game. I managed to snag an inventory reservation 12/27 and picked it up 12/29.

I got a MYP blue with black interior on 12/30. Originally bought a red in inventory in Bay Area. Paid for car and when I inspected the car, there was some big paint flaws and didn't accept / take delivery. After calling sales, I was able to get a blue one that was built less than 5 days ago. I'm guessing since they already had my money, it gave them the incentive to find my another MYP. The odd thing was blue was the color I really liked from the beginning.

Reactions: house9
Ordered 12/24 and was told December delivery, MYP Grey/black. No estimated delivery after 1/1 until last night and now EDD Jan 19th-Feb 16th, inventory building around Atlanta of long range 5 seat as well as 1 of the 7 seat versions. 1 MYP available as well, just wrong color.

I ordered one from existing inventory on 12/27 and picked it up two days later. It was highly annoying and anxiety inducing to play this whack-a-mole game(as someone mentioned earlier) of trying to select the car before it disappeared on the website.

I ended up installing an extension for chrome which automatically kept refreshing the page and alerted me when new inventory showed up. It worked like a charm and I was able to select a car with little trouble afterwards.

Custom orders were unlikely to meet the deadline. I ran into the same thing where I went into the sales offices and they said they had 0 performance models available anywhere in the Bay Area. However, randomly refreshing the website one morning I saw that the Performance inventory was popping up and disappearing. That's when it became a whack-a-mole game. I managed to snag an inventory reservation 12/27 and picked it up 12/29.
Same here, went up to the bay from LA to snag an inventory MY. No performance vehicles were in Cali it seemed lol. Ordered on 12/27 and picked up on 12/29

Got mine within 6 days. Came from GigaTexas and I live south west of rhe factory

Attachments

• 20230107_111457.jpg
    20230107_111457.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 170
I just canceled my order. I had ordered a MYP right after they increased the incentive to $7500 and it stated a Dec 2022 delivery est. I am pissed off because they won't refund the application fee. I know it says that it is non-refundable, but I feel that was pretty deceptive to post the estimated delivery date within time to get the incentives and then not refund the application fee when it didn't fall within the estimate.

Reactions: MotoChick
I just canceled my order. I had ordered a MYP right after they increased the incentive to $7500 and it stated a Dec 2022 delivery est. I am pissed off because they won't refund the application fee. I know it says that it is non-refundable, but I feel that was pretty deceptive to post the estimated delivery date within time to get the incentives and then not refund the application fee when it didn't fall within the estimate.
Same thing happened to me as well. Delivery rep was bullish that it would come in Dec since it said Dec, but it didn't and there seems to be no recourse. I'll be trying to see if Amex is willing to deal with a dispute. I have tons of screenshots from it saying December 2022 plus the texts with Delivery. They won't even transfer the fee or hold it / apply it to my account for other purposes, it has to specifically be for this order.

Who would have guessed Estimate might just be an Estimate….

I ordered on the 23rd and picked it up on the 28th. I could have picked it up sooner.

It was a demo 2023 Blue MYP white interior and tow with less than 15 miles on it. Last one in Texas. I flew out from Dallas to El Paso and drove it back home lol. Would have been nice if I had the 10k SC miles from the start.

Last edited:
I was planning on waiting till March but when the deal went live on the 22nd I flipped through the existing inventory that morning and there was a M3LR that fit the bill and I ordered immediately. Drove down from to Portland from Seattle on the 27th to pick it up And couldn’t be happier with the car!
Nice! All the inventory vehicles for Seattle/Portland basically vanished after the morning of the 22nd and barely any popped up from the 12/22 - 12/31, the handful that did were basically gone within minutes.

It was easier to get a car that was already in inventory vs a custom build.
Agreed - but there simply were no MYPs anywhere in California during the incentive deal, at least not according to the website and the app. I thought by doing a custom order for an MYP with no weird add ons would be a quick build considering all the production numbers coming out of Austin and Fremont, but the update is that I received my VIN today (01/10/23) and delivery is now scheduled this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Esha628
Update from original post: Today 01/10/2023 at 7am, received a text mssg notifying me that I now have a VIN. Went to app, scheduled delivery for 01/13/2023. Then at 9:30am, received a phone call from Tesla saying they can deliver TODAY, so it's on its way as we speak! I'm still a little bitter that the original delivery date was "December 2022" and it didn't happen during that incentive period AND not getting a tax credit either AND now I'm going to be "car poor" for the next five years. As tempted as I was to cancel, the non-refundable order amount made me too mad to cancel. It kind of feels like the incentive was offered to get delivery rates up during the fourth quarter of 2022 and boost the stock value...?

Update from original post: Today 01/10/2023 at 7am, received a text mssg notifying me that I now have a VIN. Went to app, scheduled delivery for 01/13/2023. Then at 9:30am, received a phone call from Tesla saying they can deliver TODAY, so it's on its way as we speak! I'm still a little bitter that the original delivery date was "December 2022" and it didn't happen during that incentive period AND not getting a tax credit either AND now I'm going to be "car poor" for the next five years. As tempted as I was to cancel, the non-refundable order amount made me too mad to cancel. It kind of feels like the incentive was offered to get delivery rates up during the fourth quarter of 2022 and boost the stock value...?
None of what your complaining about makes sense. You expected they could build you a Performance car within 8 days, during the holiday time period, during the EOQ push, EOY push and while offering incentives.
Now you’re complaining that you’ll be car poor for the next 5 years. But, you don’t want to cancel because you don’t want to lose your $250 deposit.
You’d rather be “car poor” for 5 years then lose $250?
Would you not be car poor if you got the $7500 incentive and supercharger miles?