Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here order during Tesla's deal and actually received by 12/31/22?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The people who qualified for the discount represent a tiny segment of buyers. I sure wish I could've taken advantage of the discount, but only the lucky 1% or so got it.
Saw the 7,500 discount on 22nd, looked at existing inventory, picked one and had it delivered to our driveway on the 26th. All while we’re out vacationing in Hawaii.

If delivery 12/2020 was listed you likely missed it. The program was to incentivize those that ordered to take a December delivery or new buyers to take one from available inventory. You will not be getting a car this year and most likely not the incentive either. Waiting to the last minute is rarely a win.
I think you’re dead on the money. I’d ordered on 2/22/2022. I declined 2 deliveries and my reservation was scheduled to be canceled.

The incentive was published in the Wall St Journal. I texted Tesla asking if they’d take my order of hold. Within an hour I received a message saying I was off hold, then minutes later I had a VIN assigned. I tried to set up a delivery time slot, but they were disappearing faster than I could lock them in.

Finally took delivery on 12/27.

I can’t imagine you’d get a car if you ordered after Tesla announced the incentive.

The people who qualified for the discount represent a tiny segment of buyers. I sure wish I could've taken advantage of the discount, but only the lucky 1% or so got it
It was a 10 day period with Christmas in the middle. So yeah, in the big picture of all they’re sales, it’s not a huge % but 10’s of thousands of people got it. They were lucky. Tesla got what they wanted. Those who got in the window got a good deal. Simple as that.

I asked my local Tesla today if an official decision had been made regarding if they will honor the 2022 delivery credit for customers that were impacted by carrier delays. They said they are still waiting on official guidance from Tesla. Not sure what to make of this. My delivery is in a couple of days.

I asked my local Tesla today if an official decision had been made regarding if they will honor the 2022 delivery credit for customers that were impacted by carrier delays. They said they are still waiting on official guidance from Tesla. Not sure what to make of this. My delivery is in a couple of days.
My delivery was supposed to be Jan 7th in Kansas City. They said they are not going to honor 7500 for me. So I have released my VIN and kept it on hold for 7 days.

What do you expect to happen in 7 days?
Really nothing. I just dont want to take delivery by paying full MSRP. So the option I have is release VIN and keep it on HOLD for 7 days. After 7 days I might get new VIN Assigned. It can be Days, Weeks or Months. So by that time it will be at least 2-4 weeks from now on. If TESLA reduces prices by then I will take delivery. Other wise cancel the order. Because the fact is for sure is tesla will reduce the prices. We do not know when. Worst case standard range will come for 55k -7500 = 47500. I will say is good deal then spending 66k now.

Really nothing. I just dont want to take delivery by paying full MSRP. So the option I have is release VIN and keep it on HOLD for 7 days. After 7 days I might get new VIN Assigned. It can be Days, Weeks or Months. So by that time it will be at least 2-4 weeks from now on. If TESLA reduces prices by then I will take delivery. Other wise cancel the order. Because the fact is for sure is tesla will reduce the prices. We do not know when. Worst case standard range will come for 55k -7500 = 47500. I will say is good deal then spending 66k now.
lol. You already had the car on hold so your best to just cancel. Good luck with your hope.

I placed my order for one of only two inventory cars that were available in Florida on 12/21. One was a new 2022 MYP and the other was a showroom 2023 MYP White/B/W interior and Tow hitch. I complete paperwork and financing by 12/23 and picked up my car on 12/26 receiving both the $7,500 discount and another $2,500 discount for being a showroom model. It has 30 miles when I picked it up. The 2022 MYP got ordered at about the same time as I ordered the white 2023 one. No more MYPs showed up in inventory in FL before 12/31, only MYLRs and they went fast.

We ordered a white/white on Dec 5, and our estimated delivery was Dec 23-31. On Dec 20 our estimated delivery changed to Dec-Mar, and we got nervous and bought a car from inventory, and took delivery Dec 23rd. The inventory car was black, but they didn’t charge us the $1500 for black because we had ordered white, so our total savings from MSRP was $9k.

Reactions: house9 and Esha628
I wanted the $7,500 discount with 10,000 miles of free supercharge so on 12/23/22 I ordered a Midnight Silver Metallic Model Y Performance with Enhanced Autopilot, black interior, no tow hitch. It's now 4:30pm here in Los Angeles on 12/31/22 and I have not received a VIN or any indication to suggest delivery will happen today. Details: purchase, not leased; financing was approved immediately on 12/23/22; no trade in; "Est. delivery: Dec 2020" has been displaying on the app ever since the order was placed; I did complete all the pre-delivery tasks on the app on 12/23/22; RN118233322; the Mobile Connector order was also placed 12/23/22 and delivery is scheduled on 1/3/23 according to the tracking number. I've spent the entire day 1) researching delivery wait times, 2) watching Twitter feed updates from Tesla and Elon (he's making pizza), and 3) reviewing the 2023 tax credit that apparently won't be given to me based on my income... Sigh. Not a great day. It's just so frustrating to see all the drone footage of hundreds of finished Teslas at the Fremont factory and the YouTube videos of people enjoying themselves in Full Self Driving mode. I am tempted to cancel the order completely, sell my Tesla shares at a significant loss, and start drinking.
I’m in LA. And wanted the discount as well. In order to get it, I took a $60 train ride to the Bay Area to pick up my MYLR. Ordered 12/27, car was ready 12/27. Picked up on 12/29. The Bay Area had hundreds of MY’s in stock. If there is a next time and you’re willing to drive it back, check it out