Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here total their X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm updating my insurance and am contemplating the Better Car Replacement offering.
It's a trivial cost at only $9/mo but it got me wondering if it's even worth it at that price. I haven't seen any threads in the X forum or word of mouth.

We can ask this person when they are out of the hospital. Sorry driver got injured but at least s/he is alive.

76F57F47-D156-4DE2-A6E3-0EF30EFE5AC4-730-0000015D2840929D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: tizio
Totaled mine!! Read my thread in my signature. I would do it.
My X was totaled after getting rear ended by a chevy truck on freeway.
Wow, both of you had really similar looking damage. I had assumed that a high speed rear-ending couldn't cost more than $20K.

I'll be adding the better car option for peace of mind. Seems well worth the price of a couple lattes. If I get wrecked, I'll totally get a 90D.

Reactions: BLKMDL3
Wow, both of you had really similar looking damage. I had assumed that a high speed rear-ending couldn't cost more than $20K.

I'll be adding the better car option for peace of mind. Seems well worth the price of a couple lattes. If I get wrecked, I'll totally get a 90D.

Way, way off. Even a fender bender can run $20,000. That's about what my repair bill was for a front end fender bender. They have to repair quite a few parts. I'd definitely go for it for the extra $9/month.

Reactions: seclinton
I got replacement coverage on my Model S as an afterthought when I first got it last year. The car got written off in a collision a few months ago, but wasn't sure I had gotten the coverage until I talked with my agent. It made the process of getting a replacement a bit easier because the insurance value drops significantly once you drive it off the lot. Double check things like loaner vehicle coverage because Model Xs and Model Ss take a couple of months to deliver (about 3 months from the time of the collision - mine had a fixed amount, so was used up within a month but we have a second vehicle anyway). Read the fine print and then ask questions for anything you're unsure of.

• Informative
Reactions: Mrcook4590

My car was totaled because upper frame got damaged as well because of the impact. I saw at least one other X with similar damage at the repair shop which got totaled as well.