Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here upgrade from a 2018 to a new MS?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If yes, any tips or advice??

I LOVE my MS but the new Plaid has me thinking about it too much....

Carvana gave a quote of $54k.... only have 37k miles on it....clear title....

Keep it and enjoy or go for new and longer range?

Im leaning toward just keeping and enjoying it, but used car prices are crazy high right now.

Upgraded from a 2017 P100D to a Plaid. Its a huge difference. The interior is a big step up and is awesome. The Plaid performance has amazed me how much better it is than the P100D.
Only complaints I see are the immaturity of the software, and the horizontal screen. The vertical orientation works much better.
As for range I'm seeing a 20% decrease in energy usage, although that is going from 21s to 19s.

Reactions: Mark2018s
If yes, any tips or advice??

I LOVE my MS but the new Plaid has me thinking about it too much....

Carvana gave a quote of $54k.... only have 37k miles on it....clear title....

Keep it and enjoy or go for new and longer range?

Im leaning toward just keeping and enjoying it, but used car prices are crazy high right now.
You only live once.

And: you've never seen a hearse pulling a U-Haul behind it.

Go for it.

Reactions: Mark2018s
Upgraded from a 2017 P100D to a Plaid. Its a huge difference. The interior is a big step up and is awesome. The Plaid performance has amazed me how much better it is than the P100D.
Only complaints I see are the immaturity of the software, and the horizontal screen. The vertical orientation works much better.
As for range I'm seeing a 20% decrease in energy usage, although that is going from 21s to 19s.
That is the only thing I dont like...I prefer the screens in the S...if anything, it will be this that keeps me from an upgrade.

I sold the 2018 S 100D purchased in May 2019 to get the refreshed MSLR. Had it for two weeks now. This is a much improved car. I do miss the Free Unlimited Super Charging, though. I had FSD on the 2018, but I have not missed it yet, possibly because I have not done any long trip.

At $95K it is a much tougher decision. I bought mine at the old price of $80K. I think it is well worth it. For one thing, I now have a car that has another 4 years of warranty.

Things I like: much quicker, much better suspension, quieter, more comfortable seats, and the yoke. It also feels to me it has a smaller turning radius than before.

I went from 2018 100D to new LR, and am very happy with the decision. The performance, suspension, comfort, handling, interior, etc. are all dramatically improved. The torque curve and constant acceleration from 50, 60, 70 mph + is radically different with the LR pulling hard to 120 and beyond. And it’s no slouch from 0-60 either.

I love the new adaptive and configurable suspension; handles better with more comfort at the same time. The graceful deceleration and auto hold at stoplights without touching brake is very nice (no FSD required). I didn’t realize how much that would improve 1 pedal driving experience.

And l much prefer the horizontal screen with better management of screen real estate to see everything at once. The icons at bottom can be customized, and you can see more functions at one time.

Finally, the yoke is fine really and a bit fun. However, lack of a normal turn signal stalk and horn are annoying.