TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone here use TeslaFi? Check the leaderboard. :)

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jimbo69ny, Nov 3, 2019.

1. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Hey Guys,

I just got my Model X about 6 weeks ago. Finally took it for a range test and took 1st place. Not going to lie, I like being on the leader board. :)

Unfortunately I didn't have Tesla Fi until last week. If I had I would have 2nd and 3rd place too. :(

2. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

#2 scottf200, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Obviously the latest Ravens ("X Long Range") with longer range will go farther than older pre-Raven "X 100D"s which are most of what the leaderboard is made of when I checked. Not sure what worth there is to a range test anyway since anybody can charge to 100% and drive it down to X% on a flat/down slower road. Avg speed: 53 Elevation: -652.5 ft

But if this makes you happy then go for it and have fun.

3. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Even a raven X can’t drive 450 miles. This was a special test. I can’t say much yet because I am seeking a patent. But it’s pretty cool. I can tell you’re just being snarky but yes testing this does make me happy.

4. scottf200

scottf200 Active Member

Yes, I was being a little snarky. Sorry. Really tho that leaderboard only means something if it is comparing the same models/batteries/features. And if there are actually others actively trying to be on the leaderboard.

None-the-less, these are fun cars and a fun hobby so you genuinely should have fun exploring the capabilities. I've done that too in other electrics and my Tesla. Enjoy.

• Like x 1
  5. lakemirror

lakemirror Member

OK I've been thinking about this ever since I got my X back in the spring. How the hell can you sit in the car for 7 hours and 40 minutes? I couldn't. And what about peeing? Inquiring minds want to know.

6. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

Haha. I held it. I went just before I left and didn’t drink any water on the trip. It’s a long time in a car. I think it’s proof that EVs work. No one needs to or wants to be in a car for 7+ hours. The old complaint that EVs don’t have enough range is over.

7. mattack4000

mattack4000 Active Member

This is like winning the championship at my beer league bowling tournament.

• Like x 1
  8. jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny Member

It is exactly like that. I love beer, I love bowling, I love driving, and I love setting records.

9. lakemirror

lakemirror Member

A true Renaissance Man