Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone here using the Windows Phone app "Tesla Connect"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our Model S is set for delivery come end of June or early July (can't get a firm date for some reason).

I'm an avid Windows phone user, can't and won't let go of my Nokia Lumia 920 for anything on the current market. My wife's line is ready for an upgrade and have her almost convinced to make the switch from iPhone to the Lumia. However, if the Windows app Tesla connect isn't 80% of what the iPhone or Android version of the app is, I won't push for my wife to over to the Windows phone; she'll get the iPhone upgrade.

I know there's an Android emulator for Windows OS....I don't necessarily want to be carrying around my Surface Pro, ever were I go for the Android emulator to run the Tesla app. My wife will be driving the car 80% of the time, where as I'd drive it every other chance I get it. :D If/when we get the Model X, the Model S will be mine....all mine.....muhahahahaha.

Can anyone here comment?

Hey thank you all. I swear I searched the site before starting this topic...and didn't find anything regarding WP8 and Tesla. I'm really happy to know that the app is written by a member (and owner?) and not some outside opportunist. I'm much more inclined to use an app designed, developed, and implemented by another member.

And thank you for the link to the thread! I'd almost give up my incoming Model S if I HAD to go back to using an iPhone. :D Yes, I love my WP8 THAT much!

Yes also an owner.

There should be very little functional missing in comparison to the iphone/android apps. A few things are different (different source for maps, GPS reverse lookup to address), but it has some extras like telling you the charge timer setting even after charge completes (compared to the official app). The main 'missing' thing are fancier visuals, which I'm hoping to improve, or if you own multiple model S's I don't have a selector for that, no one here has mentioned it to me yet though as a missing feature :)

Even better knowing that you are an owner!!! I'm big into User Experience (I've attended the last couple Microsoft Mix events, before they stopped hosting them). As for missing the fancier visuals, here's my motto....get the functionality squared away and intuitively usable. Then work on the visuals....also, no need to copy the current user experience form the Android or iPhone apps, I'm sure they can be bettered and optimized for WP8 users.

Only thing better would be use of Bing maps on the car (and on my Nokia: I hate that the Bing navigation from WP7/WP7.5 went away in favor of Nokia here on the Nokia phones).

Is/will the Tesla Connect app be available for Window's tablets; I'm a Surface Pro user?

@ahimberg
Did you do much/anything for "active tiles" or whatever it's called?

No, I haven't tried it yet because I'm still somewhat paranoid about login info going to someone other than Tesla.

@ahimberg
Did you do much/anything for "active tiles" or whatever it's called?

No, I haven't tried it yet because I'm still somewhat paranoid about login info going to someone other than Tesla.

No Live tiles support at the moment. Having a live tile and an always running background task could give at a glance battery level (or charging status), as well as some historical charting or something, but as of yet that didn't seem like super useful information.

As for login info/user information, yeah since its not an official app you don't actually know whats happening (unless you sniff the network traffic yourself or something). All I can say is, I do not collect any information, the only services that the app uses besides tesla's servers is bing for GPS reverse lookup to address, and whatever the map control downloads. Also I'm probably protecting username/password information better than most of the other random apps on the phone that save it in plain text in the isostore.

- - - Updated - - -

Is/will the Tesla Connect app be available for Window's tablets; I'm a Surface Pro user?

I am working on it, functionally I have had something for awhile but the visuals need serious work and scaling support before it will be ready to publish. Work is too busy for me to do too much on it in the short term, but it's eventually coming.

Windows OS Mobile App Available

There is a free phone App now available for Windows phone users. Go to the apps "store" on your phone, use the search symbol in the store app and enter Tesla Connect. The app will come up and it is easily installed. It will ask for the email you used for connecting to your My Tesla account and have you enter your password. It then comes up with your VIN# and the information about your car's Status, Controls (horn, lights, door locks), Charge State and options, Climate settings and options, and will show you its exact Location on a google map, either in map view or aerial view (handy for locating it in a large parking lot.

So far, I have seen no bugs. I used it only a couple of days.

04-17-2015|S85D|blk & blk lthr | tech pkg/auto plt|dual chrgrs|cld wthr pkg|glos obeche|