Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Bay Area want to ride to the SpaceX launch Friday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have Friday off and debating going to see the SpaceX launch at Vandenberg.

Pros: Cool night-ish launch at almost 5:30pm

Cons: Traffic will likely be bad and SuperChargers will be extra impacted (but will be fully charged plus I have a Chademo adapter for some extra flexibility)

Alas, wife cannot go with and I'm feeling a 10-12 hr round trip (including charging/food) alone will get kind of boring.

Anyone from the Bay Area (or potentially multiple people) interested in tagging along? Other Tesla owners and/or Model 3 reservation holders gives us lots of time to talk Tesla and other things.

Reactions: MITE46
We're off Friday too and if we didn't have tickets already for something this weekend, I'm sure we would have loved to have joined you even if we caravanned down there with you. We tried to make it to a launch watchsite for the launch back in August. Didn't quite make it there in time but were very near Vandenberg on 135/1 and while driving saw it from the road just after lift off. Wanted to go back for a launch since then. The nighttime launch should be nice to see.

If you haven't driven down that way before, thought I'd mention that we lost our Slacker connection a few times on the way there so might want to have some planned playlists with you.

Two of our favorite food stops down that way: while charging at Atascadero, Street Side Ale House has great food (short walk across the street and down to the left near the Carlton hotel). Would recommend Bob's Well Baked Bread in Los Alamos--pretty much just right off 101 (they're a Tesla destination charger location on Tesla's map and Bob and wife are Model 3 reservation holders as well--charger is in the back of the store, ask inside). Great sandwich and casual food in general. Check their hours ahead of time. Too bad San Luis Obisbo superchargers aren't open yet. Salinas Supercharger has some nice restaurants right there if you want food or need to stop.