TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone in Canada have Homelink functionality in their app?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by wayner, Jan 10, 2016.

1. wayner

wayner Active Member

It looks like the app has a Homelink button but it is on a new Summon screen. I don't have that screen on my iOS app - I am assuming that is the case with everyone in Canada, or even anyone outside of the US. Does anyone in Canada have this functionality.

2. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I don't, but it wasn't clear to me if you only get it on Autopilot-equipped cars (which I don't have). I did get the iOS update for the Tesla app itself, but it looks exactly the same.

3. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

No and I have 7.1 and updated my iOS app today, it mentioned Summon in the app update.

4. green1

green1 Active Member

The release notes specifically state that the homelink functionality in the app is US only. and it appears this is because they did the boneheaded thing of putting it on the summon page that nobody outside the US has access too.

Sounds like we aren't missing much though, the homelink doesn't work unless the fob and the phone are both within 10ft of the car and the car isn't plugged in... seems a bit of a corner case for me.

5. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

So it's intended for autopilot owners to be able to open the garage and drive the car out automatically. Corner case indeed! If my car's in the garage, it's plugged in.

Seems dumb to restrict it like that. I mean you might want to open the garage door so you can pull the plug...

6. Judge Advocate

My hone link function works but I might disable it.
    Not always do I want to drive into the garage when returning home.
    Also, I have to quickly disengage the alarm as door opens.
    A pain!
    i wish they would update something useful such as bigger numbers on the phone dialing screen so we can dial the correct number while driving.
    I'm sure everyone has experienced this annoyance!