Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in DFW TX with a 3 LR with Acceleration Boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m trying to decide between a model 3 performance or Lr with the 2k acceleration boost option and my local gallery doesn’t have a Lr demo with this option enabled.

Hoping someone in the DFW, Tx area has one that would be willing to give me a ride or short test drive. Happy to compensate you for your time or give you a ride in my BMW M2 competition or Porsche 911 GT3.

I test drove a LR without the acceleration boost upgrade and a Performance 3 today. The performance was very punchy off the line and you could really tell the difference from 0-50ish. After 50-60 the difference didn't feel as big.

I went ahead and put in an order for a LR so I'm really hoping to get a chance to ride in one soon with the acceleration boost option before Feb. If it's not really that close to the Performance I may flip my order to a performance.

I test drove a LR without the acceleration boost upgrade and a Performance 3 today. The performance was very punchy off the line and you could really tell the difference from 0-50ish. After 50-60 the difference didn't feel as big.

I went ahead and put in an order for a LR so I'm really hoping to get a chance to ride in one soon with the acceleration boost option before Feb. If it's not really that close to the Performance I may flip my order to a performance.

Heres a couple draggy runs with and without the boost. As you experienced in your test drive, the LR feels very neutered from 0-40. With the performance boost you get smooth acceleration all through the 1/4. I think the LR with boost and softer suspension is a great daily driver. If you had track ambitions the M3P might be better but it looks like you’ve already got that covered.

Attachments

• 92E44B97-8E9C-4292-B85D-D4CB3257C0C9.jpeg
    92E44B97-8E9C-4292-B85D-D4CB3257C0C9.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 31232000-0D62-447D-BA3C-0BCA2A8C7202.jpeg
    31232000-0D62-447D-BA3C-0BCA2A8C7202.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 107
Heres a couple draggy runs with and without the boost. As you experienced in your test drive, the LR feels very neutered from 0-40. With the performance boost you get smooth acceleration all through the 1/4. I think the LR with boost and softer suspension is a great daily driver. If you had track ambitions the M3P might be better but it looks like you’ve already got that covered.

Thanks, I've seen some video comparisons and data just curious how it feels in real life. I'm wondering how much low end punch you still give up with the LR and AB compared to a P. The standard LR is pretty weak comparatively off the line, if the AB gets it to much closer to a P I'd definetely be up for saving the $. The Model 3 will be my wife's daily, she hasn't tracked in years so no need for the brakes, track mode and I don't like the 20" wheels anyway. Would get some 19" aftermarket most likely.

Hoping someone in DFW would be up for giving me a quick ride in their boost LR.

I believe 980 is the older motor right? I'm getting a brand new LR so I think that's not an option.
I would grab the Ingenext boost if you’re trying to save money then. Almost half the price and with their code “gofaster10” you get it for less. You can sell the module afterwards. I have their ghost and it’s fun AF.

Reactions: Destiny1701
I would grab the Ingenext boost if you’re trying to save money then. Almost half the price and with their code “gofaster10” you get it for less. You can sell the module afterwards. I have their ghost and it’s fun AF.

Lucky.

I was under the impression that Ingenext modules became vin tied once installed. Is that not case?

Kudos on the code

Extra $6k for 0.5-0.6s quicker 0-60 (Performance vs LR w AB)?

Comes with better brakes and tires? I think Performance vs LR is a no-brainer.
Delta is actually .4 sec actually as P numbers are with rollout…LR is not. ‘Better’ tires is subjective when you are dealing with a suspension that leaves nothing out of the chassis and cabin lol.

Ingenext seems like a fun option but from what I've read it is really a pain to swap out if you have big fingers. Then the potential warranty issues. If Tesla ultimately rolls out track mode with boost, it would definitely take a lot of the appeal away from Ingenext for me.

One plus though is you could sell the Ingenext if you sold the car. At the same time there might not be a lot of takers. You save about $900 vs the Tesla version and you then have to contend with any warranty issues so might be a small subset of potential buyers. The resale opportunity might not be that big of a plus.

Ingenext seems like a fun option but from what I've read it is really a pain to swap out if you have big fingers. Then the potential warranty issues. If Tesla ultimately rolls out track mode with boost, it would definitely take a lot of the appeal away from Ingenext for me.

One plus though is you could sell the Ingenext if you sold the car. At the same time there might not be a lot of takers. You save about $900 vs the Tesla version and you then have to contend with any warranty issues so might be a small subset of potential buyers. The resale opportunity might not be that big of a plus.
Agreed in US . In Canada AB is $3k vs 1.2k.
Big diff here. Fyi I just had my car in for warranty service and nothing stated abt any 3rd party connections or software 🤷🏽‍♂️ happy as pig in sh…lol.

Following on this thread. I got my 22 LR and bought the acceleration boost this past weekend. It's noticeably faster but nowhere near what a Performance feels like especially from 0-40. It feels like off the line there are no gains and it actually starts to accelerate faster than w/o AB from 40-80.

I don't think it's worth 2K+tax and returned it. If you want that feeling of being shoved back in your seat just buy a performance. The AB gives you a small taste of it but it's just a tease. The regular LR is fast enough for 99% of street driving, it's diminishing returns to get the AB.

Reactions: TXDawg and DFW_MVP