Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in IN told they need to pick up in Indy vs Cincy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an Indiana address. I was configured to pick up in Cincy for this car but they told me I need to pick up in Indy because of tax reasons.

Is that because they have a physical location in Indiana? i.e. Friends that live in Kentucky picked up in Cincy, but there is no physical location in KY that I know of.

Anyone in Indiana picked up in Cincy recently?

I'm in Indiana and I picked up in Indy, but I live much closer to Indy than Cincy so it made sense for me. I was also given the option of home delivery. I do remember them saying something about Indiana being weird about the paperwork so that could very well be why you have to pick up in Indy. I guess many other places everything can be done electronically, but in Indiana it has to be done on paper. The paperwork for the tax credit has to be notarized too so you sign it there and then they take it to have it notarized and mail it back. I found it odd that a notary would sign it when they didn't see me signing it, but they said this is how they do it.

I'm in Indiana and I picked up in Indy, but I live much closer to Indy than Cincy so it made sense for me. I was also given the option of home delivery. I do remember them saying something about Indiana being weird about the paperwork so that could very well be why you have to pick up in Indy. I guess many other places everything can be done electronically, but in Indiana it has to be done on paper. The paperwork for the tax credit has to be notarized too so you sign it there and then they take it to have it notarized and mail it back. I found it odd that a notary would sign it when they didn't see me signing it, but they said this is how they do it.

Weird. I picked up in Indy a few months back for the first Tesla but I didn't get anything notarized. Just an email of the stuff needed for the tax credit I believe. I just wanted to pick up in Cincy this time to see what Cincy is like.