Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in NJ Electric bill after Tesla solar PSEG

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My electric bill before getting a Tesla was around $85-$95 a month. Summer months would be around $140-$150. I now have two Tesla’s. My first bill after getting the first Tesla was $110 then $160 $175 $145 the $145 was with the two cars. I guess we figured the charging schedule (charging later at night) haven’t really charged the second car as much as I do the first car.
My electric company will be grieving me a discounted rate after my application goes through for their program. I wanted to know if you have a discounted electric bill is it worth getting solar? Is anyone in this situation?

My electric bill before getting a Tesla was around $85-$95 a month. Summer months would be around $140-$150. I now have two Tesla’s. My first bill after getting the first Tesla was $110 then $160 $175 $145 the $145 was with the two cars. I guess we figured the charging schedule (charging later at night) haven’t really charged the second car as much as I do the first car.
My electric company will be grieving me a discounted rate after my application goes through for their program. I wanted to know if you have a discounted electric bill is it worth getting solar? Is anyone in this situation?
The best way to save money with PSEG in New Jersey is to change to a Time of Use rate. They call it RLM rate. You need to call and ask for it. They will not give it easily, but it is available with a meter swap. The service fee is higher, but you will save $80-100 per month at least. The weekends are always off peak so you save a lot there as well.