Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in Perth?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to get a bit of an idea of any Tesla owners-to-be in Perth? I would love to get my hands on one when I can eventually afford it, but have seen speculation on these forums that servicing for Perth based customers might end up being quite costly. Any thoughts? Anyone lucky enough to have a delivery date yet?

Welcome Ainkara. There's a few orders in Perth, at least 4 that we know of (myself included). One of the guys on here 'Timpoo' put together a list here:

List of Australian Confirmed Tesla Orders - Google Sheets

Please note this is probably only a slice of real orders as not everyone frequents this forum (or are prepared to share their order details).

I reserved back in Feb 2013. I am now a confirmed order and my status is "In the Production Queue".

The latest info we have is that we'll most likely have our cars shipped to Syd and we will be responsible for shipping to Perth. Still uncertain as to how we would have the cars serviced over here, worst case scenario is we would again be responsible for getting the car to the nearest Service Centre which will either be Syd or Melb, depending on completion date of the Melb centre.

Good to know I'm not the only one just wishing for a Tesla at this point. Adapter, maybe when you finally get it we can see some pictures? I'm sure you will want to show it off :) Hopefully enough people will buy over here that they'll decide to build a service centre here :)

That's interesting Gabz, I didn't know that. I know that UWA and some others are trying to get chargers down the coast to show that you can take long trips with electric. I really hope they build a service centre here. Surely if you can beat range anxiety here, you can beat it anywhere. Not that there's much of a range problem in a Tesla anyway :) I hope the government gets on board at some point... Well, more likely the next government.

interesting thing is that WA is the state most set up for Tesla with the most amount of level 2 type 2 chargers in Perth than any other city in the country. at they are working on creating a fast charger network.

Really? The only one I've seen around the city is the one sitting outside the Nissan dealer I regularly deliver to for work. Needless to say the bay is chronically ICE'd (I've only ever seen a Leaf charging there once).

Really? The only one I've seen around the city is the one sitting outside the Nissan dealer I regularly deliver to for work. Needless to say the bay is chronically ICE'd (I've only ever seen a Leaf charging there once).

The REV Project has a list of locations and type 2 to type 2 and i-type 3112 to type 2 cables for sale to use them

also check out PlugShare - EV Charging Station Map - Find a place to charge your car! and search for Perth there is a lot more than you would expect for a smaller population.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but been looking at Tesla for some time. I'm ready to order a P85 for my wife and also a P85D for me :) I live in Perth and I've been trying to contact someone from Tesla to find out if the WA price on the website includes delivery to Perth. Also would like to know about servicing in the future. If Tesla don't open a service centre here then it could be a deal breaker for me.

Not sure if this is an option but maybe Tesla could fly someone over and do a few services at a time.

Has anyone spoken to Tesla to find out about this?

Ready to hit the order button just wanting to clarify this first.

I live in Perth and I've been trying to contact someone from Tesla to find out if the WA price on the website includes delivery to Perth. Also would like to know about servicing in the future. If Tesla don't open a service centre here then it could be a deal breaker for me.
Not sure if this is an option but maybe Tesla could fly someone over and do a few services at a time.

Hi Earnie, welcome to the forum

Yes the price includes delivery to your door.

One of our members (Dborn) received an email from Jerome Guillen (VP, worldwide sales and service) indicating we "will have to accept that they cannot have local service and they will have to ship, at their own expense, their Model S to the nearest service center or incur per-trip ranger costs."

First Signature and First Production Delivery in Australia - Page 16

An email I received from Stone Strickland (in charge of sales in Australia) notes that in his opinion "I would find it hard to believe that a service center there is that far away for you considering the size of the Perth market though."

My personal feeling is that they are likely to have a service centre here by the end of 2015, allowing us to have our annual services done, and even if that's not the case I imagine we could have one ranger fly out to service all our cars in one go.

Stone's email address is sstrickland (at) teslamotors.com and I can send you his mobile number via private message if you want to chat with him about specifics.

of, how are the cars? Does anyone live around Midland? I'm trying to figure out what my chances of catching a glimpse are :)
I don't want to encourage stalking, ;-) but there is already a thread called World Map of Model S Reservation holders that has a link to a zeemap on the first page.
There are 3 entries in the Perth area in what looks like Bayswater, Ascot and the CBD.

I don't want to encourage stalking, ;-) but there is already a thread called World Map of Model S Reservation holders that has a link to a zeemap on the first page.
There are 3 entries in the Perth area in what looks like Bayswater, Ascot and the CBD.

The one near Ascot (on Ron Courtney Island) is me... I have a private tunnel that takes me to the island but the 007 submarine mode has been useful too :wink:
I'm actually about 5km from there but wanted to avoid the stalkers :biggrin:

If you want to see several Model Ss as well as a bunch of other electric vehicles (both factory built and private conversions) in Perth then come to the AEVA Electrikhana on this coming Saturday (7th March)

150224 EK2015 banner new2.jpg

Just got back home from Electrikhana. Great event. If any of the owners who exhibited are here I'd just like to thank you guys, you were awesome. Had a really great chat with the owner of the Red Roadster and the converted e30 on display. Also a special thank you to the owner of the Red S85 who gave me a test ride. I can die happy now.