Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone in SoCal have the NVX sub installed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, so over the weekend I took the family to the Buena Park location and did a test drive on a MS & MX I'm about 2 weeks or so away from getting my 2013 MS CPO w/ the upgraded sound. While I was at the dealer I got to listen to a standard system and the upgraded system, my conclusion is that they are both decent, obliviously the upgrade is slightly better but I still think its missing that lower end (bass) sound. I'm really considering getting the NVX sub kit, but I really would like to hear the setup 1st before I purchase, so I come to the "club" to see if anyone around the SoCal area has it installed and would be willing to meet up for me to listen to it!!! I live in the I.E. but work near Cerritos, so anywhere around those areas would be great!!!! Of course a coffee/beer/cocktail or whatever would be on me for your time.

T.I.A.

sorry, i don't have the NVX. but i do have the UHFS system. i was a bit apprehensive because i know a lot of people say it still isn't that great, but personally to me it's fantastic. and i'm usually kinda picky with my sound systems, in my past cars i put a 12" jl w6v2 sub with a 1200 rms hifonics amp and kicker crossover. i dj edm as a hobby, so i typically listen to edm, hip hop, and the system sounds pretty damn good to me right now. yes, it does have a narrow freq range, and/or the crossover setting is too low, so it doesn't punch as hard over i would guess ~60hz. it takes a bit of tweaking the eq to get it where i like. and yes, the amp is a bit underpowered. but still, i was pleasantly surprised to find that overall i've been really enjoying how everything sounds. especially now with the 5 band eq.

now having said all that, I've heard great things about the NVX. i believe it's similar specs to a 10" jl w6 in there, so it should sound great. the amp is well powered and at least on paper it should have more than enough power to get you any amount of rumble you want.

it's probably best i don't hear the NVX. it might change my mind and make me pull out my wallet.

what kind of music do you typically listen to?

I listen mainly to Hip-Hop, Old School, Classic Rock, Rock, Metal, Older Rap....so a wide range of music depending on my mood LoL I'm just used to having that extra lower end uummppphhhh, what I also like about the NVX setup is that it comes with a bass control knob because all of my systems always have a bass control knob. I've had 10" subs before too and really didnt like the output of them, so that's why I really would like to hear this setup before I drop 1k on 1 sub.

Thanks!

Anyone!!! I'm getting the car on Saturday!!!! LoL

Lol! Its gonna feel so great getting the car you won't think about the bass... At least for a couple days lol

I would try searching threads to see if anyone posted about having the nvx and message directly. I don't think this subforum is checked by too many ppl

Good luck, and congrats on the soon to be new car!

I had my NVX Boost subwoofer installed by La Jolla Audio in San Diego a few months ago. They were very professional and did a very nice job on the installation. The volume control module was placed under the center console armrests and all that is visible is a small black knob. The rest of the module (i.e. Box) is behind the panel. It's easy to adjust while driving with my right hand when resting my arm on the center console.

My S has the standard audio system and the NVX made a huge difference in the audio experience.

If you would like to know the name of the person I worked with at La Jolla Audio PM me.

I did not purchase the audio system upgrade. I have stock audio.

I am also having my work done at La Jolla Audio in San Diego. I may have even seen pictures of Frankman60's installation as a reference, which is also how I'm having mine done (with the "bass control" knob in the center console).

This is the picture La Jolla Audio sent me of another Tesla owner who had the NVX kit installed (might be Frankman60, but I'm not sure). I confirmed that I want the same installation.

Attachments

• NVX Remote Bass Knob (Hardware Painted Black).JPG
    NVX Remote Bass Knob (Hardware Painted Black).JPG
    254 KB · Views: 202
Had the NVX installed today. La Jolla Audio was very good and very professional. They did a thorough examination of my vehicle before performing work, to the point of taking inventory of everything in the car. They communicated progress throughout the day, and even provided a ride to/from my home after I dropped my vehicle off (they do this within a 20 mile range from their shop). After they finished the work, one of their installer techs worked with me for a bit to explain how to properly adjust the audio settings if I want to go very bass-heavy without damaging the NVX equipment. All in all, it was an excellent experience. It certainly wasn't cheap, but the level of service coupled with the experience of working with this upgrade on Tesla vehicles was worth it.

If you have any more specific questions about the NVX setup, let me know.

That photo could be of my car because it has the same leather color and wood trim. I like the volume knob in that location but to honest I haven't adjusted it that much. Once in a while a music track will play on Slacker that is really bass heavy and I either need to turn down the main volume or lower the subwoofer volume using the little knob.

This is the picture La Jolla Audio sent me of another Tesla owner who had the NVX kit installed (might be Frankman60, but I'm not sure). I confirmed that I want the same installation.

Hi Mediocrates,,

What's your impression of the system?

I think it sounds really good for a single 10" sub!!!! I'm totally happy with the output, it really fills in that missing "low" end bass that even with the UHFS, it does make a difference. Before adding the sub, I was getting more mid-bass from the door speakers, I know they are 8" drivers, but I wanted a more "full" sound and I think this fits the bill perfect without spending a lot.

I'm curios to see what your installer(s) set your amp gains to, could all that have the system installed get a shot of your amp: