TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

anyone in the Bay Area get their chrome vinyl wrapped, from where?

Discussion in 'California' started by gnychis, Nov 3, 2013.

1. gnychis

gnychis Member

First post... has anyone in the Bay Area had their Model S's chrome vinyl wrapped? There has to be one of you out there! I'm finalizing my color decision and likely going to go black, and if so: I want to black out the chrome. Ultimately, looking to replicate the look of jayfrost's car:

vinyl wrapping chrome

If you had yours done in the Bay Area, can you mention where you had it done, your general feelings on the job done, and the total price? I would sincerely appreciate it. I just moved out to the Bay Area, so I'm trying to get acquainted with the area and shops around here.

2. 808inthe510

808inthe510 Member

I'm interested in this as well in the Bay Area....

3. strider

strider Active Member

I haven't had ours done yet but when I do I will go here:
    Auto Image Window Tinting - Belmont, CA

They've done a ton of tint work for us over the years and the work has always been perfect. They do vinyl and PPF work as well. Give them a call or stop by their shop. Always friendly and will be honest w/ what they can and can't do.

4. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I saw these guys at a Cars and Coffee event and the former Palo Alto store. They are the guys who sell the vinyl sticker for the side marker light. They had a customer with a Model S that had the chrome wrapped in matte black. Looked very cool. Here is a link to another TMC post with pictures

http://vinylstyles.com/

I was thinking that TMC should have a custom side marker vinyl sticker made so we can identify each others cars.

I'm willing to take the lead on this if there are takers.

5. manis

manis Member

Sorry to revive an old thread. Did anyone end up having their chrome wrapped?

6. steph280

steph280 Member

I was looking to black out the chrome and ran across plastidip. It seems to be a much easier and reversible method to black out the chrome, not to mention it's DIY. Search for dipyourcar's video on youtube where he dipped a black Model S.

7. Joseph Torbati

Joseph Torbati Local Vendor - NorCal

I own OCDetai in Walnut Creek and we do that. We have cpl options for chrome delete. If you like to email me I can get you a quote. Thank you!

8. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I had mine done by Vinyl Styles in San Carlos. They did the cone in faux carbon fiber and the rest in a brushed gunmetal black.

I can't say enough about the quality of their work. You can't tell it's a wrap, even on the door handles and mirror accents. Probably close to two years now and the work is holding up.