TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone in the UK received 17.7.4?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by mrkisskiss, May 9, 2017.

1. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Was wondering if it's made its way over the pond yet - and if any Brits have tried it? At the moment, it's seemingly a US only rollout...

Oops - obviously I meant 17.17.4 - can't seem to edit the title of a thread once it's created!

2. xnetco

xnetco Member

Nope. I think it's US only. I'm checking ev-fw.com about once a day.

3. stigmeister

stigmeister Member

ev-fw.com now stating Great Britain in the list of countries with 17.17.4

Made sure my WiFi AP is scheduled to stay on all night and Tesla not on power save mode to help facilitate a conducive environment for a FW push! Here hoping!

I'm still on 17.11.45, didn't get any of the more recent updates.

4. TheTron

TheTron Member

I just received it as I think many others in the UK just have. I could find no mention of auto high beams in the release notes so I assume that is not available in the UK at this time. Does anyone know if AP1 support high beams in the UK?

5. stigmeister

stigmeister Member

About what time? There are only two GB updates on ev-fw.com on 17.17.4 which were both circa 6pm

6. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

AP1 definitely has auto high-beam support in the UK... I used it frequently.

Here's hoping I get it tonight - but was mainly looking for auto high-beam! D'oh!!!

7. TheTron

TheTron Member

I got the software update notification at about 10pm about an hour after I connected on wifi. I saw a couple of reports on TeslaFi at around the same time as my update so I'm guessing I'm not alone. I would guess there will be plenty more updates happening in the morning, which seems to be when the bulk of updates happen.

8. xnetco

xnetco Member

I've installed this but noticed I don't get the auto high beam. Has anyone else noticed this?

9. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Yep... I got the update today, but no auto high-beams... seems strange to limit it by country, but I'm sure there's reasons...

10. doublebo7

doublebo7 Member

yes i got mine at 2am today, then a app message at 2:54 saying download complete.
    auto steer still a bit jerky, system struggle to cope with road centre crossing islands, still aims at hitting the curb .

11. RoyBB

RoyBB New Member

Got mine. Disappointing. Autosteer still only useful on motorways. TACC not happy either.

12. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Yeah, it's still a bit too unpredictable to use on anything other than motorways really, or good dual carriageways. Even then, at higher speeds it still feels a bit 'unsure'...

I remember doing 90% of the drive from London->Manchester on AP1, and never really thinking too much about it - just the usual lane changes and keeping an eye out for whacky driving from other road users... With AP2, I still get a bit tense when it goes around a corner, or it starts to head towards the left lane marking if the guard rail on the right gets a bit closer...

Not there yet...