TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone install a bike hitch with Model S

Discussion in 'Canada' started by dohmer, Jun 5, 2016.

1. dohmer

dohmer Member

I saw some youtube videos on how to install ecohitch. Seems like a lot of work (especially taking off the bumper panel or cutting the bottom cover). I'd be scared to try it myself. Wondering if anyone knows a shop I can go to in Vancouver area to install it.

2. Xenoilphobe

Xenoilphobe Active Member

i did the my white Tesla and UHaul did the Black one. I just showed the tech the video on my iPad and he did the rest himself... not issues . Not sure if Canda has UHaul...

3. dohmer

dohmer Member

UHaul does installations? I thought they only rent trucks lol. Maybe not in canada.

4. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

#4 beeeerock, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    The Torklift Central shop is just down I5 in Kent. I had them do my installation on a Saturday morning. In and out in a couple of hours and they clearly knew what they were doing.

I spoke to my preferred bodyshop before deciding to make the trip down. They looked at the instructions and figured it would be easy enough to do, but in the end I just felt better about having Torklift do it themselves. Gave us the excuse for a weekend away and drive the car - never a bad thing in my opinion!

Ecohitch and Northshore Racks NSR-2:

Ecohitch and NSR-2.jpg

5. Porfiry

Porfiry Member

That's awesome. I had no idea that they did installations themselves and that they're so close to the border. I might have to replicate your trip. May I ask, what was the cost?

6. beeeerock

beeeerock Active Member

PM sent!