Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone install the Hansshow yoke wheel in a new Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I rented a Plaid on Turo yesterday to get some first hand experience with the yoke before my LR arrives.

Overall the car felt great, obviously the acceleration but also the suspension, fit and finish, comfort, etc.

The yoke is a borderline deal killer though. It wasn’t bed on the highway and even on some curvy roads if I held it with both hands. But sharp turns and parking lots were super awkward. I did get used to it somewhat after a day but the experience made it clear for me that I’d much rather have a round steering wheel.

The only aftermarket wheel that looks promising enough is the Hansshow, given that it has heating coils unlike the Tsportline ones.

Has anyone here installed one? What was the experience like? Any issues using it?

I’m glad I never rented. Because a day or week is not enough to adjust to the Yoke.

Give it 1000 miles or a month before deciding.

I notice the other day I was even smoothly letting the Yoke slide through my hand as the wheel unwinds after a turn. I didn’t think that was possible without being super awkward. But suddenly my hands just started doing it. Nothing deliberate.

I investigated all the 3rd party options and looked for a rental while I waited. Now it’s the last thing on my mind.

Some folks persistently hate it. That’s fine. But give it some time first. I’m still learning/improving after 3mo 3k miles.

I rented a Plaid on Turo yesterday to get some first hand experience with the yoke before my LR arrives.

Overall the car felt great, obviously the acceleration but also the suspension, fit and finish, comfort, etc.

The yoke is a borderline deal killer though. It wasn’t bed on the highway and even on some curvy roads if I held it with both hands. But sharp turns and parking lots were super awkward. I did get used to it somewhat after a day but the experience made it clear for me that I’d much rather have a round steering wheel.

The only aftermarket wheel that looks promising enough is the Hansshow, given that it has heating coils unlike the Tsportline ones.

Has anyone here installed one? What was the experience like? Any issues using it?
You’ll adjust to the yoke. What you won’t adjust to is the horn and some of the other capacitive buttons.

Believe that, like most new things, people will become hyper-focused on the yoke at first. After a while it will become just how you drive your car, and normalized in your mind. Same with the Falcon WIng Doors. At first they seem strange, and a bit uncomfortable. Later on they become just how you get in the back seat.

Reactions: bhzmark
Believe that, like most new things, people will become hyper-focused on the yoke at first. After a while it will become just how you drive your car, and normalized in your mind. Same with the Falcon WIng Doors. At first they seem strange, and a bit uncomfortable. Later on they become just how you get in the back seat.
Actually on FWD over time I tended to like them less. I think if they were better implemented and refined on they would be much better. They have not changed in years. They don’t do well remembering where to open fully. They don’t consistently open to the same height under the same conditions. They have phantom obstacles when closing sometimes. And work horribly on a steep (or even modest) hill. And in my opinion they are as dangerous as hell around small children (and adults too) because the safety sensors don’t “see” everything or react instantly.

Same goes for the powered doors.

There are positives to both but overall they are somewhat neutral. All the + cancel with all the -.

Hopefully I don’t feel that way about the Yoke in 2 years. Because at first I loved FWD and powered doors. ;)

Reactions: KB498
I have a Hansshow wheel and quite happy with it so far. It doesn't help with the removal of the stalks for shifting and turn signals, and stupid horn placement but definitely a big improvement for me personally.

Reactions: KyleDay
Actually on FWD over time I tended to like them less. I think if they were better implemented and refined on they would be much better. They have not changed in years. They don’t do well remembering where to open fully. They don’t consistently open to the same height under the same conditions. They have phantom obstacles when closing sometimes. And work horribly on a steep (or even modest) hill. And in my opinion they are as dangerous as hell around small children (and adults too) because the safety sensors don’t “see” everything or react instantly.

Same goes for the powered doors.

There are positives to both but overall they are somewhat neutral. All the + cancel with all the -.

Hopefully I don’t feel that way about the Yoke in 2 years. Because at first I loved FWD and powered doors. ;)
I can’t agree more….I think about wanting an X again until I remember those doors.

I can’t agree more….I think about wanting an X again until I remember those doors.
Exactly. Wouldn’t be so bad if they incrementally refined them but they have not touched them since 2018 or so.

I never had problem with the roof gaskets because it was garaged 95% of the time. But a lot of people have issues with the gaskets deteriorating.

I think around 2018 they were pretty impressive. But today, they should be better.

Missed this thread. I am a huge fan of the Hansshow wheel on my MX Plaid. It has transformed the car for me. Quality is excellent and no issues using it or doing the install. Picture of mine in this post:

I was looking for this thread--just installed a Hansshow wheel:
1659117183620.png

I kept the stitching and center line low-key and black. I would have happily spent a little more money if they included the buttons/cover with the wheel like T Sportline does with theirs; it was a bit nerve racking pulling it off the old one and trying to get it snug in the new one.

But the leather is nice and soft, the matte carbon fiber looks great (with kinda a 3D visual), and the rotation didn't feel obviously off-centered like I thought it might.

View attachment 834257

I kept the stitching and center line low-key and black. I would have happily spent a little more money if they included the buttons/cover with the wheel like T Sportline does with theirs; it was a bit nerve racking pulling it off the old one and trying to get it snug in the new one.

But the leather is nice and soft, the matte carbon fiber looks great (with kinda a 3D visual), and the rotation didn't feel obviously off-centered like I thought it might.
If at least Hansshow would invest in a decent installation video. The one on their site showing a guy taking apart the yoke and prying the controls panel out is not exactly confidence inspiring, lol.

Reactions: Murtaya
  • Informative
Reactions: DayTrippin
View attachment 834257

That looks so freaking good.

Reactions: Murtaya