Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone install this Unplugged Performance rear camber arm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have any of you installed this rear camber arm? I'm curious to see if you can share your alignment settings and your reviews of the product. How long have you been using them and how are the bearings holding up. Is there any NVH over time? Thanks a bunch. They go for $695 for the set it seems. It's a bit costly but the amount of money that will be saved by not having premature tire wear will make it worth it.

UP MOD S RUCA-4.jpg UP MOD S RUCA-3.jpg UP MOD S RUCA.jpg UP MOD S RUCA-2.jpg

Have been running them about 2 months total. Didn't fix my alignment until recently though. Dialed rear camber to 1.7 degrees from 2.3 when on Low, aiming for less, but this was a quick adjustment. Plan to get to 1.5 degrees once it warms back up.

As far as the arms, my only complaint is that both bearings are axial. IMO, at least one should be spherical. OEM arm, both are spherical. Other than that, they are plenty beefy and there's more than enough adjustment for any particular setting you desire.

I could be mistaken, but I tried orbiting them with a bolt prior to installation and was unable to.

Actually I just tested out the Model 3/Y rear arms I have here but used a long extension to give added leverage. It totally moved in all directions. I'm sure they are the same bearings. I've also tried to use oem bolt and was way to hard to get movement. I think you're totally fine. I sold this set to one of my friends so have no way to test this specific part # anymore. He just grabbed it from me 2 days ago.

I'm also in the market for adjustable rear camber arms and found 3 on the market right now. Which would you guys choose to pair with lowering links and driving around mostly in the "low" setting?

EV Tuning $424.99 - made from Billet 7075 aluminum.
Adjustable Rear Camber and/or Toe Arms for Tesla Model S and Model X

UnPlugged Performance $695 - Billet 6061-T6 aluminum.
Unplugged Performance Adjustable Rear Camber Arms - Tesla Model S & X

N2itive $850 (on sale now for $637.50) - 4140 Chromoly
SilverLake XS-1 Control Arm - Fixes Tesla X/S Crazy Rear Tire Wear!

It appears the EV tuning one does not have a bearing on either end. It's just a solid rubber bushing.

- UP has sealed sphericals at both ends from what I gather.
- N2itive looks to have sealed spherical at one and and a solid bushing at the other, I could be wrong.
- EV tuning one gives me the impression that will wear out faster than the others.

UP being aluminum should be lighter than the N2itive, I could be wrong.

I have a connection at UP, lmk if that interests you and I'm in the bay area also so I know some decent alignment shops that can help you out. I'm pretty active with the Tesla East Bay group btw.

I'm also in the market for adjustable rear camber arms and found 3 on the market right now. Which would you guys choose to pair with lowering links and driving around mostly in the "low" setting?

EV Tuning $424.99 - made from Billet 7075 aluminum.
Adjustable Rear Camber and/or Toe Arms for Tesla Model S and Model X

UnPlugged Performance $695 - Billet 6061-T6 aluminum.
Unplugged Performance Adjustable Rear Camber Arms - Tesla Model S & X

N2itive $850 (on sale now for $637.50) - 4140 Chromoly
SilverLake XS-1 Control Arm - Fixes Tesla X/S Crazy Rear Tire Wear!

I knew those were all available and still went with up

When I aligned a few Model S I found that the factory wants some negative camber that was wearing out the inside of the tires. I ended up evaluating their tire wear and modifying the settings accordingly to promote a longer tire life. In addition to that I completely redid the front end, camber, caster, and toe. This made a massive difference in the turn in response while also improving the range. So just a heads up as a custom race alignment guy I use the factory recs as a guideline but I always modify settings based on each individuals real world experiences and tire wear.

Reactions: BrownMS
I have a connection at UP, lmk if that interests you and I'm in the bay area also so I know some decent alignment shops that can help you out. I'm pretty active with the Tesla East Bay group btw.

Sup man... Is there a $$$ difference if I order from your connection or if I just order through their website? Thanks for the information, I think I'll save up for the UP ones...

BTW, do you know of any local places for wheel repair? I just bought a set of 21" twin turbines but one of them has a very minor bend and some curb rash.

Sup man... Is there a $$$ difference if I order from your connection or if I just order through their website? Thanks for the information, I think I'll save up for the UP ones...

BTW, do you know of any local places for wheel repair? I just bought a set of 21" twin turbines but one of them has a very minor bend and some curb rash.

The difference would come from the fact that I could help you with the install and alignment so it's more full service.

The difference would come from the fact that I could help you with the install and alignment so it's more full service.

Any chance you can post your alignment specs?
I am currently running Lolachampcar specs which are pretty good, but still a little understeer at the limit.
What alignment shop you recommend in the SF Bay area? Fremont alignment gets it done, but for $125 and is not exact, just "within specs".

Thanks man. I usually take my car to Performance Technic in Fremont, but they mainly deal with BMWs. What shop you work for? Or PM your number if possible. I'm new to the car and new to the forum so it would be nice to deal with someone that doesn't think I'm bat *sugar* crazy for wanting to lower my Tesla.

Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara. They repaired a Slipstream rim for me. It looked perfect after they were done with it.
Wheel Techniques

Reactions: P3D-R
Have any of you installed this rear camber arm? I'm curious to see if you can share your alignment settings and your reviews of the product. How long have you been using them and how are the bearings holding up. Is there any NVH over time? Thanks a bunch. They go for $695 for the set it seems. It's a bit costly but the amount of money that will be saved by not having premature tire wear will make it worth it.

View attachment 609955 View attachment 609954 View attachment 609956 View attachment 609953

I have installed their camber arms. I really needed it with the drop I had. I had it installed in their own facility in Torrance, CA. When doing alignment, I was told these were easy to work with compared some other ones as well as compared to older camber arms from Unplugged.

It appears the EV tuning one does not have a bearing on either end. It's just a solid rubber bushing.

- UP has sealed sphericals at both ends from what I gather.
- N2itive looks to have sealed spherical at one and and a solid bushing at the other, I could be wrong.
- EV tuning one gives me the impression that will wear out faster than the others.

UP being aluminum should be lighter than the N2itive, I could be wrong.

Hi P3D-R. I am looking for adjustable chambers and decent alignment shops in East Bay area. Please PM me.