TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone Installed a Car Laptop Mount in the Model S?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Sethball, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Sethball

Sethball New Member

I would really love a laptop mount in my car, just like I've seem some police officers have in their cars. I saw on Amazon several car laptop mounts for sale, but many of them bolt onto the nut and bolt at the base of the passenger seat in a standard vehicle. However, I noticed that the bolts at the base of the passenger seat in the model S are very unique and don't look like they would work because there is no protruding nut and bolt like there is in every other car.

Another option is for one drilled into the base of the vehicle, but with the battery under there that seems risky to me in an S.

has anyone installed one of these or have some tips?

2. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

My S is the one place where I can get away from my Mac for a few minutes. I like it that way!

Though I can certainly see the desire for it.

3. jlucero

jlucero Member

im also interested in a mount!

4. jlucero

jlucero Member

i saw that...looks nuts---you can do on the highway while in autopilot. can you turn the wheel with that thing fastened in?

5. musicious

musicious Member

It's supposed to be used when parked, you can't turn the wheel easily while it is attached; But I guess the OP wants a stand that can hold his laptop all the time?

6. eventcomm

eventcomm New Member

Hint Peripheral makes a drill-less option for this. Call and talk to Oscar or Irena.