Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in a New '22 M3 Long Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of a M3 2022 Midnight Silver Metallic Long Range with Aero Wheels and black interior last week on 9/22. Looking for someone interested in taking it off my hands. Decided to move forward with Model Y purchase instead and keeping my 21 M3 SR+.

Located in SoCal in the IE. Still have DMV paperwork that came with home delivery and can workout how to transfer ownership. Not looking to profit.

My intent was not to flip. Out the door price was $62326.30. Placed reservation before price hike.
B202029C-FA36-4418-9F06-FF5626CAA33D.jpeg

My intent was not to flip. Out the door price was $62326.30. Placed reservation before price hike…
Still, the tax issue raised is legitimate. If you sell your car to a private party, they have to pay tax on top of the tax you’ve already paid. This is true for all states with sales tax.

One way to avoid the double tax is to trade in your old car to Tesla when you buy the new car, since Tesla will deduct the amount of the trade in and you will pay sales tax (the second time) only on the difference in price.

I realize you can get more from a private party than Tesla, but maybe not more than the tax savings.