Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in a ONCE A YEAR Drag Meet at PBRW in January

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK here is the latest email I sent to all the people I have contact info for I will post it here so hopefully get everyone who is going (racing or not) to at least all be in the same place at the same time.
If you are not on the recipient list please email me with; where you will be meeting us and your contact phone number, if you are on the recipient list please still email me your contact info and where you wish to meet

brooks
'Ron Schnell', Mark Butler Butler, 'Anthony Greenwood', Bill Dambrackas, Daniel Pearson, Nick J Howe, Lawrence Chanin

HI Guys After Genes party I was made to realize my proposed time of 6:30am is waaaaay to early so I would like to change the meet up time for everyone planning on meeting at the Pompano Beach Service Plaza, to 9am we can grab a coffee and an Egg McMuffing.

Also there are a couple of guys south of me that may need to charge up at my place so this way they do not have to get up at 4am.
Please give me a heads up if you will be charging at my house I have a HPWC @100amps

Plantation 33317

The drags are all day till 5pm so even if we arrive at 11am we will have plenty of time to charge up and race.

I would like a list of where you plan to meet us, as some will meeting at my place, or Pompano Service Plaza , a couple will be joining us as we pass West Palm Service Plaza and some at the track.

Please shoot me an email with where you plan to meet and your contact phone number.

Brooks I know your are pre-disposed with organizing so we will see you at the track
Mike/Nick are meeting us on route and I have Mikes contact info I will give you a call as we get close, I believe it is mile marker 94 we should pass by at around 10:00am??

For those going directly to the track we will arrive at 10:30-11am (give as plenty of time to meet, beg the Brooks and Mike for a ride along in their P85D's, Trash talk the ICE owners
Emoji_1F61D.png
and Race.

If you see I have missed anyone in this email blast please pass this along and copy me.

Remember this is a family event it is not just drivers so please bring the spouses and kids along and don't forget your video cameras.

Don't forget to register

http://www.streetcardrags.com/registration-and-tickets/

Thanks guys

Steve

WE STILL NEED A ROADSTER anyone know anyone with a Roadster?

My Email:
[email protected]

Mobile: 954.415.4978

Last edited:
Thanks to the suppport for this event, very cool :cool:

We feel that we have enough Teslas racing (10) and due to the limited charging the sign up is closed for Teslas model S cars to race
That said there is still an opening for a Roadster.

Cummon guys one Roadster i WILL EVEN PAY YOUR ENTRANCE FEE :scared:

That said there is still an opening for a Roadster.
Cummon guys one Roadster i WILL EVEN PAY YOUR ENTRANCE FEE :scared:

Steve, there is a guy near Port St Lucie (I think) who has this yellow Roadster. I saw him and the car at the PSL Supercharger opening last year. I know he has posted on TMC before. Don't know his name or username on here though. Anybody?

DSC01369a.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I looked him up, it's Jodanthompson whose already expressed some interest in the event. I notice he's in Melbourne so not that close by unfortunately.

I have had a few calls from people wanting to race unfortunately

THE RACING POSITIONS FOR THE MODEL S ARE FULL :crying:

Please come along to spectate but due to the limited charging at the track we cannot accommodate any more model S cars.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
Dinner :) Now we're talking. Having it locally may hold those that traveled longer distances up too much though.

On a different note, I really want to see some 60 foot times for the PD. People are going on about the launch "hurting". It would be good to see just how violent the launch really is from a numerical standpoint.

Dinner with Nick.
I am honored!

He will have stories of why he came in second.................. again :mad:

- - - Updated - - -

How many miles of rated range does each 1/4 mile run use (all-inclusive including return road etc)?

Nothing much its only 1/4 mile you can run these 15 times and not burn 20 miles
The trip back is just easy 20mph<

And we should have plenty of 50amp charging at the track

As for dinner if anyone has a suggestion I will see if I can make reservations for around 6-6.30pm please let me know the interest for this option I need numbers.

As I do not know the area a little help :confused: in a suitable restaurant please

We will be attending from 11-2 but can't join y'all for dinner. Here are some dining suggestions:

North: Nice restaurants in Jupiter on Indiantown Road:
Nick's Tomato Pie, 1697 Indiantown Road, Jupiter; one of our favorites, nice party room
Giuseppe's Italian, Chasewood Plaza, 6390 West Indiantown, Jupiter; smaller, more intimate
Applebees
Duffy's (sports bar)

South: Nice restaurants in Palm Beach Gardens on PGA Blvd:
Rocco's Taco's, 5090 PGA Blvd, Palm Beach Gardens; Great food, outdoor seating too.
Spoto's Oyster Bar, 4650 PGA Blvd., excellent seafood, pricey.
Cheesecake Factory, 11800 Lake Victoria Gardens, PBG

Just in case anyone planning on attending and is not in the email loop that I have been sending out, This is the ABSOLUTE final plan for Sunday (Unless it changes)

We have four meeting places:

Steve House > 6-8am for those close enough to me and or who needs a HPWC and Cuban coffee (PM me for my address)

Mile Post 65 Pompano Beach Service Plaza > 9am breakfast (more coffee)

Mile Post 94 West Palm Beach > 10:30am (We are not stopping but picking up a couple of drivers who will have coffee as we pass)

Palm Beach Raceway > 11am Meet at the 240 outlets (Just ask at the gate or look for the Tesla's already there)

After the racing

240 outlets > 5:30pm for anyone going on to dinner and a beer at Rocco's Tacos
Rocos Tacos > 6:30pm+/- 5090 PGA Blvd Palm Beach Gardens
Back home by 10pm. Exhausted but some great memories.

All race slots have been filled but come on up with the family as it will be a terrific day out.

http://www.streetcardrags.com/registration-and-tickets/