TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Anyone interested in buying my reservation?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by RonnieKorbas, Nov 14, 2016.

1. RonnieKorbas

RonnieKorbas Member

So I stood in line for about 2 1/2 hours, while I ditched work, to reserve my Model 3. Unfortunately, that was back when I actually had a good income and hadn't gotten screwed over by 3people in my life that would ultimately put me in the worst economic time of my life, as a single parent of a 7year old, since I was homeless 10years ago.
    I accomplished great success after said homelessness, and was eventually able to buy 2 Model S (at different times). But just when I thought I had made it, life deals me 3 of the worst hands I've ever been dealt.
    Suffice to say, I will not be able to purchase my Model 3 that I worked so hard for. So when the time would come, I would just have to cancel my order. But instead of missing out on it, why not let someone else reap the my fortune from 7 months ago?
    So if anyone is interested, let me know. Make me an offer.

2. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Pretty sure Tesla does not allow this.

• Like x 1
  3. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I agree. I believe Tesla stated that there will be no transfers allowed on reservations.

@RonnieKorbasI would just call Tesla and get my $1K back. Its extremely nice of you to make this offer - especially during your situation.

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Reservations by and large are not transferable. You should just cancel and get your deposit refunded.

• Like x 1
  5. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

Sorry to hear of your troubles but the reservations for the 3 are indeed non transferable per the terms. Good news is that you can get your $1000 back with a quick telephone call!

• Like x 1
  6. JoeCoolMan24

JoeCoolMan24 Member

Tesla would be interested in buying your reservation, but they are only willing to offer a firm $1000. Take it or leave it!

• Funny x 3
  7. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Not the wisest move.

8. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Well-Known Member

I took a vacation day.

9. efodix

efodix New Member

You may be able to sign a contract with someone, thus bypassing Tesla, saying you're bound to transfer the car to that person at the moment it arrives. And accepting a couple of thousands as a forward deposit in return, which should help you in these tough times. Where are you from, anyway?

10. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

Sales tax is likely to kill most speculation

• Like x 1
  11. Krypto Kat

Krypto Kat Member

If the car doesn't have to be registered in the name of the reservation holder, Just have someone agree to buy the car a predetermined price, take the deposit and make the trip with them when it's time to pick up the car.

12. SageBrush

SageBrush Active Member

I'm not positive ...

My impression is that Tesla will provide a bill of sale to the reservation holder or one of a very limited group like immediate family.

13. JSkrehot

JSkrehot Member

If you are that hard up for $, the simple answer is to sell your Model S's and get a 3.

• Like x 1
  14. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Member

OP, I'd suggest holding on to your reservation for now, unless that $1k will make a big difference in your life immediately. You never know if things could turn around for you by the time Tesla invites you to configure your car. You can also defer configuration/purchase once which could buy you an extra bit of time. Don't give up hope just yet!

• Like x 5
    • Love x 1
  15. Lysol

Lysol Member

If you are in a "gift-giving" mood, just cancel it and EVERYONE after you will move up 1 slot... lol

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  16. jsrawa

jsrawa Member

So Ronnie are you sticking with it or cashing out? Just curious. I hope things turn around for you.

17. JamesPolk

JamesPolk Member

Keep your reservation.

Order it ASAP with basic options/common color (silver if free, otherwise whatever is free) and list it the day you get it at Price+$5000.

Pocket the $5k + EV rebate.

I'm confident this will work. This car will have PS3-type hype around it when the first ones start rolling.

18. bonnie

bonnie Oil is for sissies.

#18 bonnie, Nov 18, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2016
    Only you cannot take the EV rebate if you acquired the vehicle for resale. (Not to mention it isn't a rebate, it's a credit. Meaning 1) you need to owe enough in taxes for it to be applied, and 2) depending on timing, it could be a year later before seeing that money.)

If money is tight, purchasing the vehicle is a whole 'nuther set of challenges.

OP, I wish you well - sounds like you've dug yourself out of a hole before. Best of luck to you.

• Like x 2
  19. eisbock

eisbock Member

Confident, huh? What about the stipulation that you need to own the vehicle for x amount of time in order to qualify for the rebate? The government doesn't take kindly to tax fraud.

20. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

Don't forget about sales tax. $5000 probably wouldn't even cover the sales tax for me.