TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone interested in selling their 3rd row seats?

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by johnyoung1234, Aug 20, 2013.

1. johnyoung1234

johnyoung1234 Member

I recently purchased a loaner P85 from Tesla inventory that was originally equipped with 3rd row seats. I have the snap in capability for seats but alas...no seats. Is there anyone out there that got 3rd row seats as an option but is willing to sell them?

I'm in Silver Spring, Maryland and would be interested in a set of seats for the right price.

Send me a private message if you think you might be interested in working something out.

John

2. carrerascott

carrerascott FUEL FTR

Pretty sure they have extras at the Rockville SC. You sure you have the reinforced rear structure installed as well? You don't want the rear crumple zone to crumple on kids in the back...

3. johnyoung1234

johnyoung1234 Member

Rockville will not sell them directly, They've been told they can't install them anymore. Apparently Tesla only wants the rear seats installed by the factory from now on. My only option is to find someone with a set they don't want anymore.

4. yobigd20

yobigd20 Well-Known Member

that's BS bc I've seen recent posts from people that just had them installed at other service centers.

5. towman26

towman26 Member

Since it has extra reinforcements to the frame & rear bumper we also were told the car would need to go back to the factorty

6. yobigd20

that makes no sense. it already has the reinforcements...so all they would need to do is bolt the seat back in.

7. Banahogg

Banahogg Member

I thought that's what we'd decided in the other thread was the VIN cutoff around 6000 or so? Someone was told that it would be $6K to add the reinforcement for cars after the cutoff.

8. yobigd20

yes that's correct, but the OP's post was 'P85 from Tesla inventory that was originally equipped with 3rd row seats' , so it doesn't matter if this P85 loaner is VIN #1 or VIN#16000 - if it already had the 3rd row seats in it then it already has the reinforcements,

9. tdiggity

tdiggity Member

Is there anyway to tell if your car has the reinforcements or not?

10. yobigd20

yea! get rear ended by a Mack trunk. if it crumples in, you don't have the reinforcements. if it holds up pretty well without much or any crumpling in, then you have the reinforcements.

11. johnyoung1234

johnyoung1234 Member

My car has the reinforced bumper. It is VIN1205 and had the 3rd row seats installed originally. I bought it as a loaner because they gave me $23K off the price. Also, I now realize it has some features that are very unique like the Extended Nappa Leather Trim and Alcantara Headliner. These features weren't introduced until just recently but my car was #1205 off the line so I suppose mine was a showroom demo car.

12. simplesolar

simplesolar Member

I have a set of rear set I don't want. Bought a loaner car that came with it. Problem is you are too far to ship it to you.

13. mitch672

mitch672 Active Member

Given enough time, there will be SuperChargers between your 2 locations, road trip anyone? :)

14. andrewket

andrewket 2014 S P85DL, 2016 X P90DL (soon 100)

Sorry to disappoint you, but Perf cars used to come standard with alcantara and leather (not nappa). Your car doesn't have anything special because it was a demo car. Tesla recently made the alcantara an ala cart option and introduced nappa leather.