Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in this HUD for your model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So they haven't even shipped any normal OBDII units yet?
Work is considering using them for a project, but I get concerned when I see dates slipping endlessly, and a Russian phone number.
Ooh I didn't know they were shipping non OBDII ones.

Maybe they got delayed because of COVID earlier! From speaking to them/customer support they seem genuine but maybe not the most experienced. They made other/previous simpler Hudway products in the past so I felt more confident in the Drive since it might be them learning from past efforts and honing their skills

Reactions: JWardell
I just looked at this again/for the first time and noticed it is an interface for smartphones and not our Teslas. I'd love to have a HUD but only as an integration with the car which I'd guess is not forthcoming. I try to avoid dueling interfaces, especially mapping.

Will go back to lurking so as to not rain on the parade ...

I just looked at this again/for the first time and noticed it is an interface for smartphones and not our Teslas. I'd love to have a HUD but only as an integration with the car which I'd guess is not forthcoming. I try to avoid dueling interfaces, especially mapping.

Will go back to lurking so as to not rain on the parade ...
I was wondering about this as well but ended up pre-ordering after seeing this in the description:
1641398334214.png

I'm hoping that this means that it's possible to go smartphone-less with this! I'd be glad to have speed on the HUD while leaving the map on the navigation, although I'd be interested in seeing how connecting my phone to the HUD ends up looking like.

On paper these HUDs look great and I may even try to pick up their night vision kit, but only after my new car arrives and I can make sure it won't obstruct view above the dash...
I was worried as well, but based on the pictures of the device and my seating position I suspect that it won't block my vision at all :eek: Who knows until one has the device though!

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
I was worried as well, but based on the pictures of the device and my seating position I suspect that it won't block my vision at all :eek: Who knows until one has the device though!
I have one in installed in my BMW m240i. It is fine for me, but the projector section does block my wife's vision somewhat since she is much shorter than me and the BMW's instrument cluster raises it. Waiting to get my MYP until I can try it there.

Reactions: play150