Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone just receive this email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess Tesla is finally getting on the ball. I just got a call from Nevada to confirm my order... blah blah blah. They still don't have a car for me yet but the rep told me they are starting up production and hopefully I would get my car soon. No promises on when, no details on what type of cars are going to be produced. So, I'm still at the point I was a month ago, waiting on my VIN. Poor guy got all my venting on the lack of consideration for those of us that ponied up $2500 more than a year ago and are still waiting on our cars. Also confirmed the Model Y still doesn't participate in the referral program ( but he said that could change ). He also confirmed they would reassess my trade in (i.e. it will probably go down in value). So in a way I feel like I'm starting over again. So, I'll sit tight and see what happens next. At least getting two contacts in one day from Tesla is a good sign I guess.

Got it. Blue/White PUP Fully Loaded. I'm seeing a trend that a majority of people getting this email are white interiors? I know they maid a handful before the shutdown and can't imagine they aren't just resuming where they left off (white interiors) at the factory. No call yet but hopefully we get our cars soon! Nothing like social distancing by going on a very VERY long drive in our new Teslas!

Also got the email. It's more likely just a blast out to all the people who have completed the steps on the website and have been waiting. I also am waiting on white interior, and my rep said white interiors would be first off the line when the factory resumed, so maybe he was correct.

That is a good catch for sure. So the bottom line is on any browser you can inspect the code. I usually use chrome and then all you need to do is a find while looking at the code once you are logged into your account and do a search on "5YJY". If you get a hit you have a vin if you don't you haven't been assigned a vin yet.

I did this and found a vin! It was the vin of my trade in model three.....

Not everybody got it. I placed my order this month and I didn’t get an email. Blue LR 19” Black interior.

I unfortunately did not receive it...still in contract drafting since before COVID. MSM / White PUP FSD + Tow package

Bummer..

Same. I did not receive the email but I'm not waiting on a contract either. Perhaps that explains who received the email.
I did receive a phone call a couple of weeks ago telling me they hoped my delivery would be in the summer.

I guess Tesla is finally getting on the ball. I just got a call from Nevada to confirm my order... blah blah blah. They still don't have a car for me yet but the rep told me they are starting up production and hopefully I would get my car soon. No promises on when, no details on what type of cars are going to be produced. So, I'm still at the point I was a month ago, waiting on my VIN. Poor guy got all my venting on the lack of consideration for those of us that ponied up $2500 more than a year ago and are still waiting on our cars. Also confirmed the Model Y still doesn't participate in the referral program ( but he said that could change ). He also confirmed they would reassess my trade in (i.e. it will probably go down in value). So in a way I feel like I'm starting over again. So, I'll sit tight and see what happens next. At least getting two contacts in one day from Tesla is a good sign I guess.

If we have to reassess our trade and it loses significant value because car sales have plummeted you can count me out. I don't need to lose thousands on my trade just to get into a new Y now...I'll wait for that sector of the market to recover first and delay delivery.

If we have to reassess our trade and it loses significant value because car sales have plummeted you can count me out. I don't need to lose thousands on my trade just to get into a new Y now...I'll wait for that sector of the market to recover first and delay delivery.

yeah.. really same boat. If they need to reassess the value of my three they should reassess the value of their y....

• Funny
Reactions: beezy