TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone know any good places to visit in the Baltimore area?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by mpt, Mar 26, 2012.

1. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

I'm heading down to the area and looking for somewhere good to stay (and charge) but have no local knowledge. Can anyone in the area give me some pointers?

Thanks!

Perhaps we could have a mini meet up over Pizza in the general area?

2. pharma5

pharma5 Roadster F#25

#2 pharma5, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2012

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Good place to visit in the Baltimore area? I'd say go to DC.

4. Ohms.Law

Ohms.Law Member

@MPT - the Marriott at Harbor East is very nice. There is also a Four Seasons right across the street or a Marriott Courtyard. Harbor East is in between the Inner Harbor and Fells Point. My preference is, by far, Fells Point. It has the original cobblestone streets left over from the days of the British trying to invade. Lots of good pubs and it's right on the water. Also accessible from Harbor East by water taxi or by walking.

5. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

DC is just on the edge of a good charge, doable and yes lots going on but I've been there a few times.

6. mpt

mpt Electrics are back

My last trip through Baltimore was very unpleasant - I think I hit the dodgy part. It's going to be a nice change to see the good side - everyone is really positive about the harbor area. Thanks all!

7. Robert.Boston

Robert.Boston Model S VIN P01536

The Baltimore Aquarium is a must-see, and +1 on Fells Point dining scene.

If you are looking for more reasonably priced accomodations, the Hampton Inn near the harbor is very good. Not sure about EV charging options, though.

8. Bifff67

Bifff67 Member

Def go to the aquarium, and roam around Inner Harbor. And Orioles baseball starts up nearby Apr 6 depending on your schedule. (Where are you coming from?)

9. unclfuzzy

unclfuzzy Member

I only recently joined the forums so didn't see this earlier, but if you haven't been yet or are coming back, I'll add another enthusiastic thumbs up for Fells Point (my home), Inner Harbor, and the Aquarium. Park in one of the city garages in Little Italy (another great neighborhood) right smack in between Fells Point and Inner Harbor and enjoy free charging on the city. There are nine city parking facilities with free ChargePoint charging stations (you still pay the regular parking fee). There are lots of other great neighborhoods in Charm City too. Mount Vernon, Canton, Hamden, Lauraville, Locust Point, many others. Baltimore is a great city!

Parking Authority / Electric Vehicle Charging Stations

10. Fuxjager

Fuxjager Member

Do not miss the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum!