Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know how to get a replacement toolkit for the Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just dropped of my brand new (to me) Roadster for its annual service and, apparently, the toolkit which comes with the car is missing. I spoke to the previous owner and he never had it either.

The Tesla service center (St. Louis) doesn't have a toolkit either and cannot remove my wheels to finish the service.

Does anyone know where/how I can at least get the tool to unlock the wheels?

Can't remove your wheels!?!? Tesla service centers should have the master keyed set to remove any Lotus wheel locks which were put on the Roadsters. I'd call a local Lotus repair shop, the real Lotus one. And see if they have the master key and if they can pull it off. I'd then buy another star lug bolt and the star extension / key and your good to go. I wouldn't worry about anyone stealing your wheels, anyways the pro's can pop off those lock lugs just as fast as a regular lug, they give the owner false confidence.

Toolkit won't have the lock key. You can buy that at the Lotus shop and I'd think Tesla could order one too.

Last edited:
The tow hook is different. The roadster uses larger threads, probably due to the extra weight. The metal bracket that it screws into has more attachment points to the crash structure as well.

You can buy a spline tool for the lug bolts from an auto parts store that sells "tuner" lug nuts with the same 10 spline size. I bought a several from O-Reillys in the past. Only $10 if I remember correctly.