Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know how to get warranty service near Charleston SC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Charleston SC and will soon take possession of my Tesla. Apparently there are no delivery centers in South Carolina, so I will have to drive to Savannah or Charlotte or somewhere to get the car as it won't be delivered in SC? I am wondering where I would go should I need service covered under warranty. Does Tesla have service anywhere near here, or will they have service agents come here? Anyone heard anything about future plans for a service center here? Taking a four hour round trip drive (or longer) for service is not very attractive.

If you need service, you'll schedule it using your phone app. They will get in touch and let you know if a mobile tech will come out or if you have to drive it to a service center. I live a little over 6 hours (round trip) from my service center but honestly only have had to bring my car in once in almost 3 years. The mobile guy has been out to install my homelink and to replace an ultrasonic sensor on my bumper (rock hit and broke it). Mobile service takes longer since you have to wait until they're in the area; I could have had my sensor replaced about 2 weeks faster if I drove it in but, like you, driving that far is a PITA.

Reactions: theothertom
Not to be an A-hole but stuff like this really needs to be asked and researched BEFORE you order a Tesla or any EV. Other stuff include charging (home, super) (gen2 vs gen3), range (winter vs summer), service (appointment times, range to service center, body shops), etc.

Reactions: Jeremy3292
idk, i was told when I bought the car they would send a mobile tech (ranger) since I live 2.5 hours away from a service center. They now tell me I live to far for a mobile tech and have to drive for service.

There are mobile techs in SC but I’ve yet to benefit from that service. I’ve driven to Savannah twice now, it’s not a bad trip, but it takes time.

I lamented the situation to one of service guys there and he says they wish they had a service center in Charleston as the majority of the visits are from SC drivers.

Blame SC dealer protection laws for the hassle. But at some point the situation will have to change.

On the plus side, the Savannah center has very good availability.