Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone know how to remove/attach the left rear trim between seat and door?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
mine was somewhat loose from the factory. looked like a minor side bolt wasnt hatched in so i pulled the trim back a bit and it then came out even further as the main bolt got disconnected. for some reason i cannot push it back in as the little bolt strip does not align properly with the square cubeshaped connector it is meant to go into.
While the seats are up the trim is being wedged in place ok anyway but it annoys me slightly and I do not want to wait for a service appointment in the far future due to the remoteness. Is there a video on how to insert that trim?

It is held in by two clips, but there is also two kind of hooks in the middle that you have to hook over. So you have to put it on 2 inches higher than where it would normally sit. Then push it downwards towards the bottom of the seat. Then push in towards the truck to lock the clips in place. Hard to explain. I hope that helps. If not I will send you video the best time I have to pop this piece off.

It is held in by two clips, but there is also two kind of hooks in the middle that you have to hook over. So you have to put it on 2 inches higher than where it would normally sit. Then push it downwards towards the bottom of the seat. Then push in towards the truck to lock the clips in place. Hard to explain. I hope that helps. If not I will send you video the best time I have to pop this piece off.

Thanks i have not taken it off completely in case i cant get back on but this whole 2 inch higher makes sense as i cannot line it up properly the way it is right now.
Ill take it off tomorrow and let you know if i cant get it back on.