Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know how to replace a headlight light bulb?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Greeksayz - Ah... do be aware that the app will show you an estimate and ask you to "approve the estimate" even for warranty work. It's a bit confusing, but it doesn't mean you'll have to pay for it if its under warranty. Perhaps you can talk to someone at the SC to confirm.

I've always totally ignored those "please approve this estimate" emails and nobody at the SC or mobile has ever seemed to care.

Same here... it's against my personality to agree to an estimate that I don't expect to pay, especially estimates that are typically *much* more than what I would expect for a given job. Somehow I never considered before purchasing my M3 that the repair costs for a very expensive car would also be very expensive. Crossing fingers that my car lasts *for-EV-er*.

Reactions: TunaBug
My car had a flickering driver's headlight show up once after 4.5 years old. It's now flaky and feels like it'll need to be changed. Tesla mentioned it's like $1600 CAD!

Do we really have any options like Ebay and then getting the SC to do the software update to make it work or am I just looking at $2k for a new light!? Thanks

Had a object that looked like a golf ball bounce across the highway and just clip my headlight. Estimate was about $1050 to replace. Not gonna try to do it myself so I bit the bullet. Mobile service tech installed the new headlight but told me he had to come back out to install another one because the new one had a flaw; the tiniest little blemish in the plastic that you had to look closely to see. He set up the appt and reduced the total price by 20% for the trouble.

After he left I showed my wife and we both agreed that the flaw was barely noticeable. So I contacted service and told them I'd keep this light if they would give it to me for a discount. The guy told me to make him an offer so I suggested 30%, which when added to the tech's 20% discount now meant I was getting the light for half price (still outrageous, but 50% off an outrageous price is still better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick). Luckily, they agreed.