Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know lease return charges for curbed wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jboy210

Supporting Member
Dec 2, 2016
Northern California
Hi,

We have a 3 LR that we are turning in at the end of the lease in June.

My neighbor was having the curb rash removed from his S wheels the other day, so I had the guy come by and do the right-side wheels on the 3 LR. He did a great job of griding and painting. You cannot tell via sight or feel there was every anything there. (FWIW, his company does this for Tesla also). We just had the pre-turn inspection done and there was $0 in repairs required! Great. However, I did pay $300 to have these repairs done. So, I am wondering what Tesla would have charged me at turn in if I did not have the wheels done. Does anyone know?

I have no idea what Tesla charges. I would imagine its similar between model S/X and Model 3/Y though. I remember for my BMW leases, the charge for damaged rims was like $350 or $400 per rim, depending on which set of rims you had on the car (and there was a separate charge for tires too, they were not included in that charge).

I have no idea what Tesla charges. I would imagine its similar between model S/X and Model 3/Y though. I remember for my BMW leases, the charge for damaged rims was like $350 or $400 per rim, depending on which set of rims you had on the car (and there was a separate charge for tires too, they were not included in that charge).
Thanks J. Makes me feel like I got my money's worth, and maybe more!