TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone know of a truck mat that allows for access to the lower area

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by GaboPaz, Oct 18, 2019.

1. GaboPaz

GaboPaz Member

So, I want to buy a trunk mat, but none of the ones I've seen have a cut-out, or access to the lower part of the trunk. I think this would be a great idea, but I have not found something like this. Has anyone here seen anything similar?

Thanks.

2. GaboPaz

GaboPaz Member

Sorry, meant trunk mat, not truck mat

3. aspec818

aspec818 Member

The 3d MAXpider has a cutout for the pull handle.

• Like x 1
  4. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

And a crease where it bends.

This true on Model 3 and Model X.

They actually take the design of the car into account.

Unlike the Weather Tech Outsourced mats Tesla Sells.

I literrally could not open my lower trunk on my Model X with the Tesla Cargo Mat. It was a total joke. Returned it.
    It grabbed on the sides and buckled (once did manage to open it with 3 hands).

With MaxSpider it's one hand and bends nicely.

• Like x 1
  5. Knightshade

Knightshade Well-Known Member

Weird- no issue opening mine with the Tesla trunk mat in my 3 (which has a cutout for the handle).... FWIW I'd probably have bought the MaxSpider ones except they didn't exist when I got the car (the floor mats did, and I have em, but the trunk/frunk mats didn't come till later)

6. jkoya

jkoya NA2 NSX

I also have the 3D MAXpider trunk mat and agree it is very easy to get to the lower trunk.

7. Nomad2006

Nomad2006 Member

Another vote for 3D maxpider trunk mat. Love it.

8. ChadS

ChadS Last tank of gas: March 2009

Same here - I have the Tesla trunk mat, but find it really easy to lift up the access panel to get in the lower area. Did they make different versions of the mats, I wonder?

9. MrFusion

MrFusion Member

One more vote for the OEM mat. It has the cutout and opens fine. It might be slightly better if the mat was actually hinged or something so it wasn't trying to push down on the compartment as much when you pull it up, but it works fine for me.

10. afty

afty Member

The Tesla mat works fine. It has a cutout for the loop and is flexible enough that it is easy to open. Here's a video:

[​IMG]

• Informative x 3
  11. kpedraja

kpedraja Member

Bump. Wondering if there has been anything new introduced in the last 8 months or so. Lots of options on Amazon but most of them look really cheap.