Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know of a truck mat that allows for access to the lower area

GaboPaz

May 13, 2019
Granada Hills, California
So, I want to buy a trunk mat, but none of the ones I've seen have a cut-out, or access to the lower part of the trunk. I think this would be a great idea, but I have not found something like this. Has anyone here seen anything similar?

Thanks.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
MA, NH
The 3d MAXpider has a cutout for the pull handle.
And a crease where it bends.

This true on Model 3 and Model X.

They actually take the design of the car into account.

Unlike the Weather Tech Outsourced mats Tesla Sells.

I literrally could not open my lower trunk on my Model X with the Tesla Cargo Mat. It was a total joke. Returned it.
It grabbed on the sides and buckled (once did manage to open it with 3 hands).

With MaxSpider it's one hand and bends nicely.

Reactions: Phillyasian

Knightshade

Jul 31, 2017
NC
Weird- no issue opening mine with the Tesla trunk mat in my 3 (which has a cutout for the handle).... FWIW I'd probably have bought the MaxSpider ones except they didn't exist when I got the car (the floor mats did, and I have em, but the trunk/frunk mats didn't come till later)

ChadS

Last tank of gas: March 2009
Jul 16, 2009
Redmond, WA
Weird- no issue opening mine with the Tesla trunk mat in my 3 (which has a cutout for the handle)....

Same here - I have the Tesla trunk mat, but find it really easy to lift up the access panel to get in the lower area. Did they make different versions of the mats, I wonder?

MrFusion

Feb 4, 2018
Salt Lake City
One more vote for the OEM mat. It has the cutout and opens fine. It might be slightly better if the mat was actually hinged or something so it wasn't trying to push down on the compartment as much when you pull it up, but it works fine for me.

afty

Mar 13, 2019
Bay Area, CA
The Tesla mat works fine. It has a cutout for the loop and is flexible enough that it is easy to open. Here's a video:

5uQOMcP.mp4

kpedraja

Oct 3, 2018
Seattle
Bump. Wondering if there has been anything new introduced in the last 8 months or so. Lots of options on Amazon but most of them look really cheap.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC