Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know of an iPhone X case that works with the wireless charger?

JeffreyC

Oct 23, 2020
Ridgewood, NJ
Just picked up our Y today, but I notice my iPhone does not charge well in the wireless charger. Anyone have a suggestion for a case that works for iPhone X? Thanks.

shamberann

(im)patiently waiting
May 7, 2021
California
Just picked up our Y today, but I notice my iPhone does not charge well in the wireless charger. Anyone have a suggestion for a case that works for iPhone X? Thanks.
I have a CASEKOO (bought on Amazon) clear iPhone case that worked pretty well in the MY. I now have a 12, but assume they make a similar case for the X.

jcanoe

Oct 2, 2020
Maryland
I use an Otterbox Commuter case with my iPhone SE2, works well with the Model Y's wireless charging pad (original console Model Y.) Before purchasing a case I contacted Otterbox customer support, they suggested the Commuter case for wireless charging. Until now my preferred case has been the Otterbox Defender but that case is too thick to work well with the wireless charging and the iPhone. The only downside of the Commuter case is the outside is hard plastic, not rubber clad like the Defender. It is easy for the Commuter case to slide out of my pocket, etc.

Wolftooth

Apr 4, 2021
Houston, TX
When I had an iPhone XS Max, I used a Spigen tough armor case. I moved to an iPhone 12 Pro Max and a Spigen Neo Hybrid case recently. Both worked well with the wireless charging pad.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC