Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know the model Y TPMS “nut” torque?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So these are different than a typical aluminum sleeve/nut, these are plastic.... (see pic to refer to what I’m talking about). Typical torque for a metal valve stem nut/collar I have found is 35 inch lb (4 Nm). Have no idea what these require Bc they are plastic. The service rep was to busy to find out today; but, I’ll call again tomorrow. Was just curious if someone knew. I really also wanted to know in case Costco has no idea when they put these inside aftermarket wheels for snow tires

Attachments

• 6A4469C4-F6B1-42E8-BC49-11EE58DE8471.jpeg
    6A4469C4-F6B1-42E8-BC49-11EE58DE8471.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 391
can someone please confirm wrist tight is good enough? or do we tighten them with a wrench a bit more? thank you maybe someone knows specific value, gotta install sunday( tomorrow am) thank you!
Hopefully you got this all taken care of. I don't think there's a set torque setting for the valve stem. "Wrist tight" is a good rule of thumb in this case.

So these are different than a typical aluminum sleeve/nut, these are plastic.... (see pic to refer to what I’m talking about). Typical torque for a metal valve stem nut/collar I have found is 35 inch lb (4 Nm). Have no idea what these require Bc they are plastic. The service rep was to busy to find out today; but, I’ll call again tomorrow. Was just curious if someone knew. I really also wanted to know in case Costco has no idea when they put these inside aftermarket wheels for snow tires
I just spoke with my Tesla Service tech. 8 Nm

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc