Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Know What Improvement are in 2018.12.1 b39b759 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12.1 is a bug fix. I was one of those first 3 Model 3s with 3018.12 and my install failed twice causing me to have to take it to the service center. 12.1 was the fix that corrected the installation problem. The first time it failed, it disabled autopilot. The second time, autopilot worked but the log still showed that the installation failed. While charging afterwards, I was getting a Radick charging for your messages on the app and when I went back to my car, the stereo was blasting at 100% while it was charging. Weird and I hope that that is all now resolved :)

Also, for what it is worth, the loaner P90D Model S that I’m driving right now just updated this morning to 2018.12 too. It is a 2016 with AP1 hardware.
So 2018.12.1 fixes issues 2018.12 had on 3's. Did you mean that the S got 12 or 12.1? Because 2018.12 has been loading on S and X for the last ten days.... If it's getting 2018.12.1 also, that's interesting.

S and X:
upload_2018-4-9_14-51-56.png

3:

upload_2018-4-9_14-52-34.png

As a follow up, I am driving on a freeway right now and have confirmed that the Autopilot nag time has been reduced to every 1 minute now:-( Not a big deal, but in comparison to every 2 mins in the Model S with AP1, I would prefer the extra time. I would imagine this is the result of changes to the Autopilot code?
The nag time, unless something has really changed, is also dependent on how much you touch the wheel. When we all got 2018.10.4 with the great upgrade to AP, we thought the nag time had decreased. It really hadn't (actually), but it was nagging more because we were touching the wheel less because AP was better. :D

So, if you take that into consideration, is the nag any different?

My Model X is in the service center. It was running 2018.12 when I dropped it off.

I just got a notification on my phone that a software update was available. . . but I can't tell what it is as I don't have my car.
Don’t get your hopes up... they often reload the current firmware just to be sure you are up to date. :D I don’t know if this is an automatic geofence/workorder process ‘load latest firmware’ or just a manual process so you don’t complain they didn’t do it!

• Informative
Reactions: pdx3181
The nag time, unless something has really changed, is also dependent on how much you touch the wheel. When we all got 2018.10.4 with the great upgrade to AP, we thought the nag time had decreased. It really hadn't (actually), but it was nagging more because we were touching the wheel less because AP was better. :D

So, if you take that into consideration, is the nag any different?

Yes. It’s worse :).

12.1 installed successfully on my Model 3 now. I find it odd that the car will tell you there is an update available but makes no mention of which version it is or what is in it until the update installation has completed. Is this also the case on the S and X?

So I'm still waiting to hear about the ability to disable / control the auto-dimming outside mirrors and to use CHAdeMO chargers with the Model 3. Those were two of the negative things I found on the Turo rental I had a couple of months ago and were (are) supposed to be addressed by an OTA update.

Can't complain too much as I still am not able to configure my car but it's getting close now...