Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone know what this blue liquid is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new 2021 model 3 I just parked it after delivery came back and saw a puddle starting from the end of the vehicle all the way to the front. (Parking lot slopes very slightly down towards front of car).

D640-BE01-AED3-4642-B54-D-1-FB8680-B65-CF.jpg

Smell it, I'm serious, get a little on your fingers, does it smell like Windex? Anytime I see liquids under a car, I give it little smell test.

Sometimes I taste it ...

(I don't please don't stick brake fluid in your mouth ...)
That only works with old school people. Here, they will run calculations on the projected path of the runoff, run a spectrum analyzer on its color, have a theoretical physics discussion on the potential volume that exists and how much of it was unable to be measured due to evaporation. Then, they will post their data on the forum where 17 wannabe internet "experts" argue over it, pretending they know about the specific issue after using google to learn some new terms. And after a week of this, no one will still understand what it actually is.

When an actual mechanic would just rub their fingers in it and smell it and tell you exactly what it is and have an idea of where to start looking.

Upvote 0
That only works with old school people. Here, they will run calculations on the projected path of the runoff, run a spectrum analyzer on its color, have a theoretical physics discussion on the potential volume that exists and how much of it was unable to be measured due to evaporation. Then, they will post their data on the forum where 17 wannabe internet "experts" argue over it, pretending they know about the specific issue after using google to learn some new terms. And after a week of this, no one will still understand what it actually is.

When an actual mechanic would just rub their fingers in it and smell it and tell you exactly what it is and have an idea of where to start looking.

I think you forgot to change your blinker fluid on your drive this morning ... it's making you all sorts of cantankerous.

Upvote 0

could be the battery cooling liquid? which is bad.

I think you forgot to change your blinker fluid on your drive this morning ... it's making you all sorts of cantankerous.
Y'all forgot about Occam's Razor... the most simplest and obvious explanation is that someone drank a lot of Cool Blue Gatorade and then took a leak in the parking lot.

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's coolant. Could be coming from anywhere since it gets pumped throughout the powertrain. You can verify by moving the car to a clean place or better yet, by checking the coolant level under the hood. Pop off the cover panel (yank upward) and peek under the A/C intake (or pop it off out of the way) to see the Max/Min lines on the passenger side of the coolant bottle (center of white circle here).
Best to get a tow to service.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 133141.png

• Informative
Reactions: MaskedRacerX
Upvote 0
Hi Thanks everyone for the response, took it into tesla just to be sure. Few things has happen and to answer some of your questions.

1. Fluid was in the back of the car and slowly trickled towards the front as the parking structure was angled. (did not taste it)
2. Tesla service spent 2 days on it and found no leaks but did notice the coolant was not topped off, they topped it off and returned the car.
3. 2 Days later after driving it vehicle gave me a warning that my coolant was low with an error code. Brought it back to tesla who's now servicing it again.

While I've really enjoyed the vehicle for the 2 days I've had it and the service has been great( given me a rental and uber voucher), I have to say that I'm a bit disappointed that a brand new car is acting like this. I guess at this point I'm just waiting to see what tesla says and how long it will take to fix it. :(

• Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Upvote 0