Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Know when FSD Beta will be available for 2016 AP2 cars?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is frustrating to be someone who purchased a 2016 AP2 car and paying up front for AP and FSD and going multiple years before AP2 did what AP1 did and now watching lots of people with the FSD Beta but still not being included because the car does not have what is needed for the beta (the new cameras) and Tesla saying they do not have to give me the cameras now because FSD is still in Beta. So I have been waiting over 5 years and I have to wait some more but to add salt in the wound there is no way of knowing how long the wait will be? SInce the car is now going on 6 years old how long will the car last after I finally get whatever the latest FSD functionality is?

To be honest I would probably have upgraded the car to get the newer features (mainly battery range) except paying for FSD again and loosing free supercharging will prevent me from upgrading until it is just not worth keeping the car.

Does anyone have any idea or does anyone out there have the FSD Beta on one of the original AP2 cars (I have heard rumors some have had the Cameras added by Tesla but do not know if this is true or is it was only a small number more for Tesla Testing purposes.

Any info would be very much apreciated.

Reactions: pilotSteve
It is frustrating to be someone who purchased a 2016 AP2 car and paying up front for AP and FSD and going multiple years before AP2 did what AP1 did and now watching lots of people with the FSD Beta but still not being included because the car does not have what is needed for the beta (the new cameras) and Tesla saying they do not have to give me the cameras now because FSD is still in Beta. So I have been waiting over 5 years and I have to wait some more but to add salt in the wound there is no way of knowing how long the wait will be? SInce the car is now going on 6 years old how long will the car last after I finally get whatever the latest FSD functionality is?

To be honest I would probably have upgraded the car to get the newer features (mainly battery range) except paying for FSD again and loosing free supercharging will prevent me from upgrading until it is just not worth keeping the car.

Does anyone have any idea or does anyone out there have the FSD Beta on one of the original AP2 cars (I have heard rumors some have had the Cameras added by Tesla but do not know if this is true or is it was only a small number more for Tesla Testing purposes.

Any info would be very much apreciated.

To get the latest wide publicly released FSD, you need

1) pay for MCU2
2) free upgrade to hw3 computer

This is different from FSD beta as it is limited release. In addition to above, FSD beta needs:

3) passing the Safety Score for no additional cost

4) free upgrade to AP3 cameras

That means if you don't do above 4 steps, I am not sure when you will see you own FSD beta.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
You will get nothing until you pay $2,000 for the infotainment upgrade. Then you’ll get a modern software version that allows you to opt in to the waiting list for the beta. Then you have to wait for Tesla to invite you to get your cameras upgraded. Then you have to drive like a stoned grandma to get a high enough safety score to maybe get invited.

Easy peasy!

To get the latest wide publicly released FSD, you need

1) pay for MCU2
2) free upgrade to hw3 computer

This is different from FSD beta as it is limited release. In addition to above, FSD beta needs:

3) passing the Safety Score for no additional cost

4) free upgrade to AP3 cameras

That means if you don't do above 4 steps, I am not sure when you will see you own FSD beta.
I have done 1 & 2 last summer. How do I do 3? I heard there is a way to see your score but I have not found it.

I have done 1 & 2 last summer. How do I do 3? I heard there is a way to see your score but I have not found it.
Great! That means you should get reasonably new firmware updates. With new firmware updates, you can look at the menu "Autopilot". There should be an invitation button for you to request FSD beta enrollment. Once you push that button, it would tell you that you need to consent for Safety Score collection.

Good Luck!