TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Anyone know where to get new wheels mounted on Model S in Dallas?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Wildcat, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Wildcat

Wildcat Member

I am considering buying some new 19inch Rial Lugano wheels from Tire Rack to get the 21 inch performance tire look. I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a shop to install/mount the new wheels in Dallas. Was hoping to find a shop that understood Teslas and the TPMS.

2. 7racer

7racer Member

did you ask the service center? They installed tires for my roadster that were not stock

3. TsRocket

TsRocket Member

Discount Tire/american Tire? They warranted my wheels after the car had couple of hundred. I paid for the tire protection, and i check in with them occasionally some concerns here voiced over the Michelin Pilot Sports not getting mileages. I sit at 22,000, they said i have 7,000 left. Tesla rotates, but can't others remount/replace?

4. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

I've asked our Dallas SC if they would do so and they said they will not touch any third-party wheels or tires (or anything). I know other SCs have responded differently, but that's what I've heard from the Dallas SC.

5. Wildcat

Wildcat Member

I received the same answer from Dallas SC. Will not mount aftermarket wheels. They said there is nothing special about Tesla wheels so any tire place could do the work. Tirerack recommended Autoscope for Tesla.

6. Chris TX

Chris TX Active Member

Discount Tire at Park and the Tollway (next to Home Depot) is great with my Tesla.