Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone knows Tesla Canada do the transaction for private sell?

cwave1

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga, ON, CANADA
I heard at our recent Tesla Owners' Club meeting that this is back on again but Tesla is working to improve the process to make it easier.

You will have to check with Tesla directly to get the details.

Hawesome

Nov 13, 2017
Barrie, Ontario
I am very confused by this...I am going to purchase a used Tesla S Model today, which is being serviced at seller's Tesla dealership...is it possible to do the transaction through them, rather than ministry; is that what is being said?

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
I am very confused by this...I am going to purchase a used Tesla S Model today, which is being serviced at seller's Tesla dealership...is it possible to do the transaction through them, rather than ministry; is that what is being said?
Details are not yet firm on this

The intention of it , is to allow a purchaser of a new Tesla to sell privately rather than trade in the car via Tesla. Tesla tends to under-price trade-ins (YMMV), and many can garner a higher price privately. It allows the private sale to go through Tesla a s a courtesy sale, therefore reducing the net sale price of the new Tesla by the value of the trade in. HST would only be paid on the net value.

ZooSean

ZOO
Feb 16, 2018
Markham, Canada
Details are not yet firm on this

The intention of it , is to allow a purchaser of a new Tesla to sell privately rather than trade in the car via Tesla. Tesla tends to under-price trade-ins (YMMV), and many can garner a higher price privately. It allows the private sale to go through Tesla a s a courtesy sale, therefore reducing the net sale price of the new Tesla by the value of the trade in. HST would only be paid on the net value.

Will Tesla do it?

DMC-Orangeville

85D and John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
Will Tesla do it?
I don't know if they are ready to do it, currently

They used to do it - then cancelled the program.

A couple of the directors of the Tesla Owners club met with Tesla Canada, a couple of weeks ago, and they discussed this as a possibility. No details, no date.

If you have a Tesla on order, contact your advisor and ask them.......

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC