Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone knows Tesla Canada do the transaction for private sell?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am very confused by this...I am going to purchase a used Tesla S Model today, which is being serviced at seller's Tesla dealership...is it possible to do the transaction through them, rather than ministry; is that what is being said?
Details are not yet firm on this

The intention of it , is to allow a purchaser of a new Tesla to sell privately rather than trade in the car via Tesla. Tesla tends to under-price trade-ins (YMMV), and many can garner a higher price privately. It allows the private sale to go through Tesla a s a courtesy sale, therefore reducing the net sale price of the new Tesla by the value of the trade in. HST would only be paid on the net value.

Details are not yet firm on this

The intention of it , is to allow a purchaser of a new Tesla to sell privately rather than trade in the car via Tesla. Tesla tends to under-price trade-ins (YMMV), and many can garner a higher price privately. It allows the private sale to go through Tesla a s a courtesy sale, therefore reducing the net sale price of the new Tesla by the value of the trade in. HST would only be paid on the net value.

Will Tesla do it?

Will Tesla do it?
I don't know if they are ready to do it, currently

They used to do it - then cancelled the program.

A couple of the directors of the Tesla Owners club met with Tesla Canada, a couple of weeks ago, and they discussed this as a possibility. No details, no date.

If you have a Tesla on order, contact your advisor and ask them.......