Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone knows what is this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both sides are missing a fastener. I used an old picture I took and added an arrow where I think you're missing a clip.

IMG_3575.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: user212_nr
If you don’t get an answer in a day or so I can toss mine on my lift and look.
But from the pics it looks like pass side is missing one of the~10mm nuts(stud in second pic). Drivers side...you’d think would have the same...and I’m 99% sure it is.

If you don’t get an answer in a day or so I can toss mine on my lift and look.
But from the pics it looks like pass side is missing one of the~10mm nuts(stud in second pic). Drivers side...you’d think would have the same...and I’m 99% sure it is.

Thanks! You do not need to lift it. If you can, just take a peek the front passenger side. That tab is very close to the lift hole. I have the feeling that, even as it has a hole in it, it was meant to be glued somehow. There isn't a screw there, it is like a plastic peg, or something that feels like a residue of silicone, or similar adhesive/sealer.

Thanks! You do not need to lift it. If you can, just take a peek the front passenger side. That tab is very close to the lift hole. I have the feeling that, even as it has a hole in it, it was meant to be glued somehow. There isn't a screw there, it is like a plastic peg, or something that feels like a residue of silicone, or similar adhesive/sealer.
I don’t believe in laying under cars now...but I did go out and put my phone under the car. And you’re right. You’re missing black push pins. Drivers and passengers attached.

it’s like Tesla is running shy on the things. Look inside your wheel wells. They have loads of “spare holes” that looks like they decided “meh, we don’t need those...boom that’s $.03 in the bank!”

Attachments

• C6CEAFA7-4FAF-413C-A5BA-BFB418C78BED.jpeg
    C6CEAFA7-4FAF-413C-A5BA-BFB418C78BED.jpeg
    362.3 KB · Views: 83
  • C578998F-F5B8-4578-BCC7-817EEA9E9C63.jpeg
    C578998F-F5B8-4578-BCC7-817EEA9E9C63.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 71
I don’t believe in laying under cars now...but I did go out and put my phone under the car. And you’re right. You’re missing black push pins. Drivers and passengers attached.

it’s like Tesla is running shy on the things. Look inside your wheel wells. They have loads of “spare holes” that looks like they decided “meh, we don’t need those...boom that’s $.03 in the bank!”

Awesome! I just bought two push pins off eBay and are going to do it myself. I really don't feel like taking the auto in for this, as I am afraid they might damage/dirty other things, on a brand new car (only 34 miles, haven't had the time to drive her, while on lockdown).

Thank you so much for the help!

It is lose (I think) with a 2.5cm gap, and this is what is behind it:
Now that the OP's issue has been answered, I'd like to take this time to explain the difference between loose and lose.

Loose is what you'd want a noose to be if you're wearing one; i.e., not tight
Lose is what you never want to happen to your booze, drugs or money; in other words: lost

Tomorrow's lesson will be on break vs. brake.

Now that the OP's issue has been answered, I'd like to take this time to explain the difference between loose and lose.

Loose is what you'd want a noose to be if you're wearing one; i.e., not tight
Lose is what you never want to happen to your booze, drugs or money; in other words: lost

Tomorrow's lesson will be on break vs. brake.

Thanks! I am a moron, I apologise. That English is not my mother tongue should not be an excuse. I was careless (and the opposite of fastidious) when I typed the initial post. Will not happen again.

Thanks! I am a moron, I apologise. That English is not my mother tongue should not be an excuse. I was careless (and the opposite of fastidious) when I typed the initial post. Will not happen again.
Please note that my post was not entirely directed at you. Lots of people have made the same type of mistake; hence my semi-serious declaration of "tomorrow's" post about the use of break vs. brake. Even I am guilty of typos like that. It's one of my pet peeves when I see something like this although I usually don't say anything unless it's repeated several times in a post / thread by the same person.

Maybe it's this shelter-in-place that's getting to me.....

Please note that my post was not entirely directed at you. Lots of people have made the same type of mistake; hence my semi-serious declaration of "tomorrow's" post about the use of break vs. brake. Even I am guilty of typos like that. It's one of my pet peeves when I see something like this although I usually don't say anything unless it's repeated several times in a post / thread by the same person.

Maybe it's this shelter-in-place that's getting to me.....

Their their. Don’t let it get to you.

Got the push pins, and installed them. All good! Saved two, just in case, for rainy days. Thanks for the help again!