TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Anyone looked into CarChex Extended Warranty for a Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by PhilDavid, Jul 23, 2018.

1. PhilDavid

PhilDavid Member

Given the horrible state of the Tesla CPO situation, we are exploring the possibility of not buying a used Model S from Tesla and would still like to have a solid warranty. I noticed that CarChex has the Tesla Model S as one of the available choices.

If I can find an extended warranty option that would really open up vehicles I can consider as there are hundreds of private party and dealer Model S vehicles available for purchase that seems to be refurbished and in immaculate condition.

Has anyone researched CarChex to see if the warranty coverage is comprehensive or know of any other providers for a comprehensive extended warranty for a Model S? Right now the only non Tesla warranty I would trust for a Model S is the one offered by CarMax but their inventory is very low.

Free Online Extended Auto Warranty Quote | CARCHEX

2. D.E.

D.E. Uncorked

If you go to the site in your link, you can click on the BBB link. Once on the BBB site you can look at the complaints section. There are a number of them.

A lot of the complaints seem to stem from people not really understanding the coverage, the exclusion of the first month and 1000 miles, noncovered parts such as universal joints, etc.

I don't know if their coverage is worthwhile or not but I'd read their contract very carefully. If you do go with them, I'd like to know how it goes.

• Informative x 2
  3. Plan B

Plan B Active Member

• Love x 1