Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Looking for Demo Model 3 deals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just found out state declined my application. They are now saying it goes by sticker price adjustment is not factored. This is opposite of what I was told by my SA and the reason I bought an adjusted vehicle. Waiting to here back from dealership now.

Had similar conflicting information when I was shopping in MA months back.
My SA told me only the final sale price mattered and I was ready to buy as they were offering free paint or wheel upgrades at the time.

2 other people when I went in person to the dealership to place the order told me they were 100% confident it is the list sticker include list for any options is the only number the state looks at.

I took the 2nd group's advice, forgot about options and placed my order for the only AWD option that qualified at that time.

Is not uncommon to get bad advise from Telsa salespeople. They seem overworked, underpaid and in their defense terms and programs are constantly changing and they have no local power as everything comes down from the top. The buyer really needs to do their own research.
I found that true with all EV's as other non-telsa dealers selling EV's I went to knew far less than the Telsa folks.

Telsa is not going to do anything for you though because a salesperson told you wrong information. Maybe a free hat or similar swag, otherwise they don't locally have the power to give you anything of value.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pa5001
. The buyer really needs to do their own research.
I found that true with all EV's as other non-telsa dealers selling EV's I went to knew far less than the Telsa folks.

100% agree...we really can't expect a Tesla employee to advise us on anything related to state/utility rebates or incentives other than to say "they may be available". That said, it sucks to get unreliable info especially if the person sharing it does so with confidence.

I will say this...I bought an X end of last year (and 3 recently) and wouldn't have bought the X if the sales advisor didn't at least mention sec 179 to me. He also told me to speak with my tax advisor for more info which I did. If I wasn't able to utilize the 179 deduction, I wouldn't have purchased the X.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Had similar conflicting information when I was shopping in MA months back.
My SA told me only the final sale price mattered and I was ready to buy as they were offering free paint or wheel upgrades at the time.

2 other people when I went in person to the dealership to place the order told me they were 100% confident it is the list sticker include list for any options is the only number the state looks at.

I took the 2nd group's advice, forgot about options and placed my order for the only AWD option that qualified at that time.

Is not uncommon to get bad advise from Telsa salespeople. They seem overworked, underpaid and in their defense terms and programs are constantly changing and they have no local power as everything comes down from the top. The buyer really needs to do their own research.

Telsa is not going to do anything for you though because a salesperson told you wrong information. Maybe a free hat or similar swag, otherwise they don't locally have the power to give you anything of value.

Yes it’s on me for not checking. But the SA seemed certain about it and I read all the documentation on the program. I am still pursuing it and Tesla insist it has been issued on discounted cars

I will file an appeal as well. The only language in the grant is purchase price and “agreed upon price” for a lease. Any definition or reference to agreed upon price on a lease is a negotiated price. Therefore why would purchase price be sticker when a lease is on a negotiated price? I’ll see where it goes.

Reactions: TypeRx
Hey so I found a performance 3 I'm interested in, new w/ like 900 miles on it $3500 discount. But I'd have to have it shipped which is two grand so more like $1,500 discount. Just wondering if anyone has experience to know if it's still a good deal at that level.

• Funny
Doesn’t seem significant enough of a discount for me, unless you can’t find that spec elsewhere. What about flying to get the car and driving it back? That might make it worthwhile and gives you a great chance to really learn your car. Downside is that you won’t be able to “return” it if you put more than 1000 miles on it.

Reactions: Pa5001
Hey so I found a performance 3 I'm interested in, new w/ like 900 miles on it $3500 discount. But I'd have to have it shipped which is two grand so more like $1,500 discount. Just wondering if anyone has experience to know if it's still a good deal at that level.
I thought Tesla would ship it to your local delivery/service center for free?

End of Q1 I was told I could get a car in NorCal delivered to SoCal for no fee. But, I was able to find one about 60 miles away so it ended up not being an issue. Tesla has charged $1.5-2K for out of region cars for the last 2 quarters, at least.

Can say what the one I was looking at - clear across the country no way to go get it. And I could plug in my zip code and it said $2,000 to ship it.

Even with shipping discount is like $1.60 a mile. Better to just buy new? Obviously anyone can order whatever config they want. I really just wanted to save some money, any money. They don't negotiate so demo is basically it.

• Informative
Can say what the one I was looking at - clear across the country no way to go get it. And I could plug in my zip code and it said $2,000 to ship it.

Even with shipping discount is like $1.60 a mile. Better to just buy new? Obviously anyone can order whatever config they want. I really just wanted to save some money, any money. They don't negotiate so demo is basically it.

I would not go to all that trouble to save $1,500. Too many unknowns. What if it gets there and you are not happy with the condition?