Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Looking for Demo Model 3 deals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow looks awesome. Congrats.
Anyone else need a hook up and currently doesn’t have an order placed hit me up. I’ll be happy to help.
Hopefully, this isn't too off topic but when do you expect demo deals to start appearing for Model Y? I assume these demo deals only happen with showroom/test drive vehicles and until quarantine ends there probably wont be any of those for some time?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
It is very telling though that there’s that much available inventory so close to EOQ. Shocking Tesla isn’t throwing some benefit out there to entice like free unlimited premium connectivity or a couple of years of free supercharging.

Why would they? At the minimum - 1Q and 2Q numbers will be meaningless on wall street this year. So why give away the store when you're getting a free pass anyway?

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
No idea what that rebate entailed but yes there are demo deals all over.

Rebate requires the sticker price to be $49,999 or less.
Any SR+ would apply.
Assuming poster is trying to get an AWD with any options (paint, wheels, white int.) ; it will depend on how the paperwork is written on Telsa's end.
If the sticker is over $50K but the buyer pays less, I think the state still goes by the sticker #
The $1200 destination charge is counted ; MA Sales Tax is not counted.

(is confusing and I do not know this to be the case 100%)

Last edited:
Rebate requires the sticker price to be $49,999 or less.
Any SR+ would apply.
Assuming poster is trying to get an AWD with any options (paint, wheels, white int.) ; it will depend on how the paperwork is written on Telsa's end.
If the sticker is over $50K but the buyer pays less, I think the state still goes by the sticker #
The $1200 destination charge is counted ; MA Sales Tax is not counted.

(is confusing and I do not know this to be the case 100%)

I recently got a discounted LR AWD with 300 miles that will qualify. State goes by price paid, not sticker. So a discounted demo may qualify, which more than doubled the discount for me. As you said they count vehicle price and destination (so a white LR AWD with 18's is $190 over rebate limit), taxes do not count. The online rebate forms explain it all, and that they are looking for Total Vehicle Price or Total Price Paid, which can include discounts.

Total savings for me will be about $4400. I was very happy with vehicle, could not tell it was anything but brand new.

I know it's after quarter end, but are there any deals on LR or SR+ demo models?

I would call a SA. They have access to more inventory than we can see online. I couldn't see any model 3's within 200 miles with any miles on them or discounts online. I called my SA and told him I wanted either a Gray or White LR AWD 18's, black interior. He immediately was able to locate one of each with about 300 miles on them. One discounted 2k, one 3k. He sent a link and I reserved it online. Picked it up a few days later. It was a perfect buying experience for me.

I would call a SA. They have access to more inventory than we can see online. I couldn't see any model 3's within 200 miles with any miles on them or discounts online. I called my SA and told him I wanted either a Gray or White LR AWD 18's, black interior. He immediately was able to locate one of each with about 300 miles on them. One discounted 2k, one 3k. He sent a link and I reserved it online. Picked it up a few days later. It was a perfect buying experience for me.

I'm going to wait until Quarter end and then see what's available out there. Thanks!

May end up doing that as well.

It's a strange time...lead time for new orders on Tesla's website says 6-9 weeks which is effectively the end of the quarter. How many inventory cars are left? Will there be any cars floating around at a discount? SA points out that once test drives were halted due to COVID, the cars with a markdown were the first ones sold, making me wonder if there will be any more for a while...

May end up doing that as well.

It's a strange time...lead time for new orders on Tesla's website says 6-9 weeks which is effectively the end of the quarter. How many inventory cars are left? Will there be any cars floating around at a discount? SA points out that once test drives were halted due to COVID, the cars with a markdown were the first ones sold, making me wonder if there will be any more for a while...

They had a strong Q1 but who knows how Q2 will shape up. If it's looking weak, then there might be a push on non-inventory new cars. I'm just speculating and have no idea what's going to happen.

If a deal comes around, great. If not, I'll just have to compare the relative value to another car manufacturer in June. Plenty of car manufacturers are hurting right now so while I'd love to buy a Tesla, I'd be happy picking up something else too.

There's no question Q2 will be weak given production was halted for at least a month (still unclear when it will come back)

The question is, how many new inventory or non-inventory cars exist and will they even need any incentives to get them moved

Just found out state declined my application. They are now saying it goes by sticker price adjustment is not factored. This is opposite of what I was told by my SA and the reason I bought an adjusted vehicle. Waiting to here back from dealership now.

I recently got a discounted LR AWD with 300 miles that will qualify. State goes by price paid, not sticker. So a discounted demo may qualify, which more than doubled the discount for me. As you said they count vehicle price and destination (so a white LR AWD with 18's is $190 over rebate limit), taxes do not count. The online rebate forms explain it all, and that they are looking for Total Vehicle Price or Total Price Paid, which can include discounts.

Total savings for me will be about $4400. I was very happy with vehicle, could not tell it was anything but brand new.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
Just found out state declined my application. They are now saying it goes by sticker price adjustment is not factored. This is opposite of what I was told by my SA and the reason I bought an adjusted vehicle. Waiting to here back from dealership now.

Sorry to hear that...my understanding was that the list price, not the price you actually paid, determines rebate eligibility in most places. My guess is you are SOL but maybe there is a small chance Tesla will cover that rebate amount for you. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Sorry to hear that...my understanding was that the list price, not the price you actually paid, determines rebate eligibility in most places. My guess is you are SOL but maybe there is a small chance Tesla will cover that rebate amount for you. I wouldn't hold my breath though.
Ya exactly. Not thrilled considering I based my decision to take this vehicle on that rebate. I’m still within the seven day return, which is an option.