Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone looking for OpenEVSE alternative?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all

My name is Ed Harvey. My company has just started a Kickstarter campaign for our new WiFi ACI controller. It's designed to make modular DIN rail EVSE a lot more functional, and is especially suited to 'proportional charging' i.e. charging from variable solar power etc. It will be be fully compliant with international standards.

If you're interested, please take a look here. Your support is much appreciated :)

alert icon

ACI-Render-Scaled.png
gauges.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure what happened to the link there, here it is again:

ACI Kickstarter Campaign

Looks like and interesting project. I've been very happy with my OpenEVSE (which just added a WiFi module) but may be interested in this for a second charger. I like the modular design.
It would be nice if you could source a Tesla plug since the J1772 + adapter is cumbersome.

Keep in mind that Tesla uses the standard Type 2 inlet in Europe and China, which is easy to buy.

The Tesla inlet is used in the US, Canada, and Japanese markets. It is a Tesla design and I don't think that Tesla will sell the plug. QuickChargePower.com does sell tesla plugs they salvage when converting UMCs to the Type1 plug (J1772).

GSP