Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone LR AWDs Showing 322 Miles Fully Charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
would have saved 5 mins tops... the lower you are the faster you charge. Again no real reason...

5 minutes to go gain 20%? You Model 3 guys have it too good. :p

Anyway, this response is a far cry from your initial post, suggesting it’s “never optimal”. On the contrary, it’s always optimal, though I’ll certainly agree with diminishing returns.

If the Model 3 was truly smart, it would take into account the tire pressure as well, because the more psi the have, the more range the car will get. This is why I keep my 18" Aero's at 50psi. And before anyone has a cow, the tires burst pressure is well beyond 50psi. I've been using 50psi on hybrids I've had years ago before I got my Tesla, without any issues other than a harder ride which is fine for me because I like to feel the road.

I imagine at 50 psi you'll be riding on belts in the middle of the tire before the tread is even beginning to wear at the edges....do keep an eye on it... maybe it won't be so bad.

I wouldn't run at 50psi myself just because the handling would probably start to suck, and I don't just mean a harsh ride.

Taken to an extreme... why stop at 50, and not 60 or 65? Have you ever considered some nice narrow tires?

No, 50psi won't cause the tires to run on the middle of the tire or make uneven wear. I've been doing this since 2001 with other vehicles and there was never a wear issue. The handling is fine at 50psi, it will just be a tad stiffer and tighter. It's more like you were driving a performance car.

And your extreme example of using 60 or 65psi, well that would go past the tires burst pressure when hitting something like a pothole.

Just to be clear, when I said 50psi, I was talking about 50psi warm while driving. Tires heat up as you drive.

So, yeah... 45 psi cold or just above, which is exactly what the tire pressure label said in the early days... I know it went down to 42 for a while, and I think I saw something about the newest label saying 45psi again.
Depends on the tire. Most people tend to follow the door label and use that, which is most often 35psi - 37psi. That's a compromise between ride, wear and fuel mileage.

LR AWD Birthday 10/2019. Was 310 @ 100%. (Supercharged once, Regular charge to 100% once). Usual charge to 80% daily or every 2 days.
Now 295-299 @ 100% after 10.36.2.1 (Definite correlation) (2000 miles). 6 weeks old..
Not Happy !!!

I know the size of wheels needs to be entered in the screen to calibrate things. What I don't know is if it accounts for Aero Wheels.
I saw bud flaps for sale for the M3 yesterday - I wondered about drag and range.

Status
Not open for further replies.