Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone LR AWDs Showing 322 Miles Fully Charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the update on my 2020 AWD. I showed 198miles before the update and 203 after. Here are some captures. I didn't get a before from the app, but it showed 307 at 100%

Awesome! This is a great example. You can see the constant changed on this 2020 AWD from 247Wh/rmi to 241Wh/rmi.

Before:

213mi*231Wh/mi / 199rmi = 247Wh/rmi

After:

212mi*231Wh/rmi/ 203rmi = 241Wh/rmi (new charging constant).

This is exactly what I expected, and matches the 2020 3P constant.

And it's a great example of the significance of this too (or lack thereof). Even though after the update you have 203 rated miles, rather than 199 rated miles, your actual projected range is slightly lower, because each rated mile contains less energy. The actual energy remaining is about the same: About 50.4kWh vs 50.2kWh after update (due to vampire drain or whatever).

The only reason this increase would be beneficial is if the software update actually increased underlying efficiency (which is hard to determine, but presumably it did not, unless the Tesla Fremont dyno vehicles were running a very preliminary release back in October - they were probably running some older version which end users have had for a long time.

Last edited:
Unfortunately you did not capture the rated miles, but I will assume ~70% SoC, or 226 rated miles (we know it ends in 6 and I know roughly what the answer should be...):

So, assuming that is correct, it does look like the 2020 Performance 18" constant has been lowered, exactly as expected.

Previously we were seeing a 247Wh/rmi constant with 314 rated miles at a full charge. (247Wh/rmi*314rmi = 77.55kWh)

Now they have adjusted to:

366Wh/mi*149mi/226 rated miles = 241Wh/rmi

So, 322rmi*241Wh/rmi = 77.6kWh (about the same quantity).

So all is well. Assuming I'm right about that 226 rated miles!

This is basically exactly what I would have expected from this vehicle based on the EPA results.

I expect the constant for the Performance Stealth 19" to be: 255Wh/rmi

And the constant for the Performance 20" to be: 260Wh/rmi

(This can easily be determined by changing your wheel configuration and recapturing this picture, capturing all three numbers.)

confirmed 18 - 241, 19 - 255 and 20 - 260 on my car

• Informative
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Just updated to 2020.4.1 and now 100 says 320 instead of 314.

2C11777D-6D2E-4661-8815-ECADEB2AD2D3.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: JBT66
I have Dec '19 build. You will get 322 depending on how you charge. I see it when I top off at home with 110. If it is warm outside, I see it using level 2 charger. Never tried 100% SOC at supercharger.

You have a 2020 so you should get 322 regardless. It does not depend on how you charge. If the battery gets very cold you may see lower numbers but that is not related to the charging method.

My 2020 P3D- has received the update, but the charging screen on my app still shows 310 miles @ 100% charge. Is anyone else seeing this?

You'd have to do the described procedure to make sure your constant has been updated to 241Wh/rmi. What were you at at 100% before the update? If it was lower - 302 to 303 rated miles, you simply have BMS perceived capacity loss.

Most I’ve ever seen on my 2018 is 306. In general, I assume I will get maybe 2/3 of that on a trip particularly if I’m driving into the mountains. Big loss in mileage when going uphill. Of course there is a gain returning but doesn’t make up for the loss uphill.

You'd have to do the described procedure to make sure your constant has been updated to 241Wh/rmi. What were you at at 100% before the update? If it was lower - 302 to 303 rated miles, you simply have BMS perceived capacity loss.
Did the math several times on my drive home, and got anywhere from 241-243. SOC was between 70-75%. So I guess it has been updated. At one point, with the batteries warm, the charge slider estimated 313 miles @ 100%, so I guess it is updated. It had been a while since I checked before the update, so I'm not sure what it was showing before.

It's a Nov '19 build with 3,500 miles. Does that sound like a normal amount of degradation? Seems higher than I was hoping for, but perhaps it's normal.

Anyone feel a side affect of the BMS rated range going down and your P3D acceleration feel? Its very different at 85% vs 90+%
I thought it started cutting back around 70%, but definitely feels slower at 80%. 100% charge rating now is 284 for me 2018 model.
Now I'm not saying battery is degrading, but due to the BMS not being aware of a proper calibration, the car is not allowing proper power output at say rated range at 240 mi vs charging it to 270 mi. The difference is drastic and butt dyno can tell the difference.

This is all during winter but there could be some temperature variance. I know the car feels way quicker in summer for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.